Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glynn

Archive starting young

My wee girl Max I'm working my way through my hive in the weekend head down turn round and Max is right there looking at the bees wife had seen her and got the photo she will sit there and watch the bees fly in and out of the hive all day [attachment=4239:name]

Some kids have no fear. You might have to invest in a junior sized bee suit

Great photo. Keep up the positive mentoring(y)

Kids are amazing to watch around the bees :) I love the curiosity they have. Nice picture.

Very cute. :) Not sure about the priorities though big man in spacesuit, small girl unprotected LOL Hey, I know it just happened unexpectedly, and it all looks pretty safe. :) What I do when showing non beekeepers in a hive, is wear no protective gear myself. That means I'm totally aware of any niggly bees flying around, etc, so it's less likely anyone will get stung.

yes getting her a suit asap having no fear of bees is no protection if the hive is cold and grumpy

[quote name='glynn']yes getting her a suit asap[/quote] ... and a hive-tool and a smoker and a beebrush and ...;)

She's so cute :D

Yep, I got a wee girl, who looks at bees all day too, she not so cute

[quote name='Bron']Yep, I got a wee girl, who looks at bees all day too, she not so cute[/quote] We are still waiting on the Bikini beekeeping pic to verify that ;)

That's fantastic guys, we need to encourage more kids into beekeeping. It would be great to get hives into more schools to kids used to them.