Grant

document: Brochure for Hive doctor baseboard

lots of us. Trevor Gilbanks sells his hives with the HD bases, I have one base seems to be ok

Looks interesting. Anyone use these yet?

I used to use them. I think they are great, put personally, I think they would benefit from a landing board

I used to use them. I think they are great, put personally, I think they would benefit from a landing board

I have been using and selling HD floors for 2 years. I have not had a problem with them or received any complaints. As per the landing board. The bees do not require a landing board. The bees are able to land on a TBH which has a reverse angled face so I don't see a problem. My only advise for them is to make sure that the bases are sited on a concrete or wooden base as the feet are quite sharp and will sink into the ground. They were designed to be screwed to a pallet.

• Like 1

I use and like them, only downside is I can't work out how to do a oxalic vapor treatment with them.

Stu sells landing boards for them now, made from coreflute.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a dozen of them and can't say I have any complaints, I also use the landing boards.

The only thing I've had is some small bees can get out through the bottom slots during moving hives.

I use and like them, only downside is I can't work out how to do a oxalic vapor treatment with them.

just wrap a wet towel around the bottom to seal it up, bit of tape or grass stuffed into the entrance, insert vapor thingee under the towel, all good

Hi All

I do have landng boards. They are cheap and cheerful see attached.

Not really sure they need them however.

LANDING PLATFORM INSTALLATION.pdf

I have a dozen of them and can't say I have any complaints, I also use the landing boards.

The only thing I've had is some small bees can get out through the bottom slots during moving hives.

Hi All,

I personally have noticed that the occasional hive dribbles a few bees out when moving hves plus received the odd comment about bees getting through, usually occurs on just 1 or two hives? old comb with bees emerging smaller?

As a result I have tightened up the gaps on the bottom to 2.9mm +-0.3. This is 0.6 tighter than before...if they get through this then??

Also after ...3 years...I have finally made up a installation guide as I had customers doing all sorts of odd things so thought I should publish some sort of installation best practice guide. I have had to break it into bits to upload it....

Let me know any bits that are unclear as this is a first off guide and will need work...

Cheers

Stu

I like the idea of the new wasp stop - anyone tried this version of the boards?

@Pbee would it help you?

I use these bases

I really like being able to shut the entrances when robbing happens.

And they are easy to close when they are going to be moved

We have added landing boards

@Pbee would it help you?

I have been using them for 2 years now. They are great. Nice and easy to lock the bees in for hive moving also.

• Like 1

@Pbee would it help you?

We have hive dr and open mesh bases. Over the winter we have had massive wasp problems. Took me a while to realise there was a smaller entrance option the hive dr bases. But once I did it made it easy for the bees to fight back. I could see the difference immediately.

• Like 1