Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean MacDonald

Archive Bugs are attracted to bee gear

Told mum bout this and she reckoned yep all bugs love clothing that has been near bees. Extra shake from now on before I put anything on. Must say the kindy teachers didn't seem quite as delighted as I'd hoped when I brought him to live in their empty weta house. Kids loved it though.

Gotta love wetas, they awesome, and tutaras think they are tasty...

get a few of them in hives. how they get up into the feeder i don't know.

[quote name='tristan']get a few of them in hives. how they get up into the feeder i don't know. [/QUOTE] Tristan they probably stroll straight thru the hive, I mean if you were a bee would you argue with them, they are like armoured knights...

how do they get through the excluder?

Ninjas

[quote name='Bron']Ninjas[/quote] :D:rofl:

heres a ninja that was in our hive once,

it always amazes me how beehives become reefs for insects. lots of skinks, spiders, wetas, stick insects etc.

Ahhh! hive opening ninjas:rofl::rofl:

[quote name='tony']heres a ninja that was in our hive once,[/quote] Is that green stuff "bleeding". His sword could not defend from a bee's dagger!:mask:

[quote name='tristan']it always amazes me how beehives become reefs for insects. lots of skinks, spiders, wetas, stick insects etc.[/quote] If you can have a couch, a remote, a TV, in a restaurant, wouldn't you?:D

Thought about this ninja weta thing, do you use bracken in the top feeders, possible eggs or larva coming in off the bracken, must check on life cycle of weta in ecowarriors weta book will get back...

[quote name='Bron']Thought about this ninja weta thing, do you use bracken in the top feeders, possible eggs or larva coming in off the bracken, must check on life cycle of weta in ecowarriors weta book will get back...[/quote] no bracken used

[quote name='tony']no bracken used [/QUOTE] Okay, so um do u use top feeders, if so what do you use to stop them from failing their swimming lessons?

Yep top feeders .but use nothing hard to explain how our set up is but not conventional

[quote name='tony']Yep top feeders .but use nothing hard to explain how our set up is but not conventional[/quote] Photos please

Will do trev but i'll have to take some don't have any on hand, will put them under a top feeder topic when i get there.