Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dansar

Archive bees fanning at entrance

it is getting hot now and the population in the warre is increasing and a bit of a flow happening now. bees are at the entrance fanning to move the hot air out of the hive - pics to show. [attachment=3223:name]

The Warre hive is building up in population and I am adding another box next week, so it will be 5 high, try nadiring that:eek: very hot up here at the moment - hi 20's [attachment=3536:name]

NIce! time to make that box-lifter, perhaps.

[quote name='dansar']The Warre hive is building up in population and I am adding another box next week, so it will be 5 high, try nadiring that:eek: ][/quote] It looks beautiful but I think I'll stick with supering instead of nadiring.

[quote name='dansar']The Warre hive is building up in population and I am adding another box next week, so it will be 5 high, try nadiring that:eek: very hot up here at the moment - hi 20's [ATTACH=full]3133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]3132[/ATTACH][/quote] Dansar, is the herb in front of the hive origanum?

I arrived home today after being in Hamilton (mystery creek) all day. The mercury said it was 30 degrees at 5.30pm.:eek: Head around to the bees to see how they are going. The two langs are on omf and looked fine but the warre is on a solid floor, it looked like most of the colony was outside the hive:eek:. So into the shed to get my last Warre box and 8 frames. After saying "Allah peanut butter sandwiches" another box was nadired to the hive which is now 5 boxes high, and I have already extracted a box from this hive, ha! and I was worried about the queen laying multiple eggs in a cell a few months ago;) So this second year beekeeper is chillin out now. I would never have believed how a colony builds up if I hadnt experienced it after wintering this hive. All other hives I have are from swarms caught this season and one nuc aquired this October, yes they have built up fast but they started strong as well.

[quote name='Julie']Dansar, is the herb in front of the hive origanum?[/quote] Hi Julie, it may well be origanum. I transplanted some thyme and this plant after splitting from plants at the front of the house. it smells nice when the leaves are bruised between the fingers.

[quote name='dansar']Hi Julie, it may well be origanum. I transplanted some thyme and this plant after splitting from plants at the front of the house. it smells nice when the leaves are bruised between the fingers.[/quote] EDIT - I just had a google, yes it is oreganum, not sure which one though. the garden is quite old and "had" a lot of unusual plants..

lol :rofl: [quote name='dansar'] "Allah peanut butter sandwiches"[/quote] That rang a bell, but I couldn't properly remember a magican muppet (because he was on Sesame St, which I didn't really watch). Had to cheat and resort to google. [URL='http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Amazing_Mumford']The Amazing Mumford - Muppet Wiki[/URL] Step up ladies and gentlement and watch as the amazing Dansar makes hundreds of 'sweaty' bees disappear!

[quote name='Erin']lol :rofl: That rang a bell, but I couldn't properly remember a magican muppet (because he was on Sesame St, which I didn't really watch). Had to cheat and resort to google. [URL='http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Amazing_Mumford']The Amazing Mumford - Muppet Wiki[/URL] Step up ladies and gentlement and watch as the amazing Dansar makes hundreds of 'sweaty' bees disappear![/quote] it worked!!