• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the "Save our Bees" website, I think they have some info on good bee trees.

I think this pamphlet (attached) came from the trees for bees site, the second page lists some plants.

Also, Practical Beekeeping in NZ (4th Ed.) has a whole chaper (ch6) on plants, which is great because it tells you if they are pollen or nectar sources and what season they are useful in. (y)

pamphlet_urban_trees_for_bees.pdf

Thanks Erin :)

What a crock if you can't access the trees for bees info... thought that would be open to anyone for the benefit of bees?

must be for the benefit of someones backpocket?

I've had similar issues in trying to get info from them on campaigns they've been running. Zero response

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Try the "Save our Bees" website, I think they have some info on good bee trees.

I think this pamphlet (attached) came from the trees for bees site, the second page lists some plants.

Also, Practical Beekeeping in NZ (4th Ed.) has a whole chaper (ch6) on plants, which is great because it tells you if they are pollen or nectar sources and what season they are useful in. (y)

It works i got in to it.

I've had similar issues in trying to get info from them on campaigns they've been running. Zero response

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well whats their problem? I would be interested to know whats up with that?

Dont they get funding from the Govt and NBA or is it just a FF thing?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you please tell us what pollen are your bees collecting at the moment? In Canterbury this week I have seen bees collecting pollen from tree lucerne, silver wattle and Erica. I have seen bees on white and red Eucalypts flowers, but only fo nectar.

• Like 1

In the Waikato, orange pollen, which I guess is gorse, and white from eucalypts, and plenty of it too. Our gums have been flowering randomly and not when they are supposed to since the drought. Just starting to see dandelion flowers again, and there was a big fat bumblebee sitting on one today.

Willows wont be far away