• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

escallonia .bees love it.

Our current place was covered in escallonia when we bought it. A nightmare removing it; formed thick growth with multiple regrowth everywhere a branch touched the ground. Like something out of Grimm's

Maybe I should plant some . Things that are weeds other places just grow  normally here .

Posted Images

Our current place was covered in escallonia when we bought it. A nightmare removing it; formed thick growth with multiple regrowth everywhere a branch touched the ground. Like something out of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Couldn't get it into the mulcher either so burnt it all. Still have nightmares ? . Bees do love it though...

• Like 1

Planted a hedge of it, because I went on a garden tour where one was covered in bees, and bees love it - excellent feed in spring. Very easy to propagate from a cutting. Best cut back yearly to ensue it forms a dense bush and doesn't get straggly.

On 8/01/2021 at 5:00 PM, EmmetHuttValley said:

Our current place was covered in escallonia when we bought it. A nightmare removing it; formed thick growth with multiple regrowth everywhere a branch touched the ground. Like something out of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Couldn't get it into the mulcher either so burnt it all. Still have nightmares ? . Bees do love it though...

Maybe I should plant some .

Things that are weeds other places just grow  normally here .

• Haha 1