Bumblebees - where on earth did they get their facts?

Those out for a walk along Timaru’s Raymond St on Christmas Day would have been confronted by hundreds of dead and dying bumblebees.

I.STUFF.CO.NZ

Those out for a walk along Timaru’s Raymond St on Christmas Day would have been confronted by hundreds of...

Edited by dansar
  • Agree 2
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those out for a walk along Timaru’s Raymond St on Christmas Day would have been confronted by hundreds of dead and dying bumblebees.   Hundreds of bees found dead along Tima

Well that was interesting, I was contacted by the Timaru newspaper that published the article about the bumblebees. They are going to make corrections to the article based on the information I gave th

True. I talked about heaps of other stuff regarding the bumblebee and honey bee. They had only so much space to put words in. 

Bit of an embarrasement for Phil Sutton, shows you got to be careful what you say to reporters.

What he said clearly related to honeybees not bumblebees, the reporter probably called him and said "there's lots of dead bees congregating in an area on the road, what could cause that?" So Phil thinks it could be a swarm, and the way it ends up getting reported ends up making him look like a monkey.

And, can you get stung stepping on a dead bumblebee, yes.

• Agree 1

The reporting by stuff is abysmal not only is it often factually incorrect it’s always littered with spelling mistakes and the articles they publish are often just click bait .

housing prices,

greedy landlords,

dirty freedom campers 

Boomers who have taken all the riches for themselves and left the world polluted and dying.

these are the top rating articles I see in the paper and online day after day, month after month and year after year.

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, dansar said:

And here’s the update.

WWW.STUFF.CO.NZ

A South Waikato beekeeper is imploring people not to spray pesticide on flowers...

Maybe not the only possibility. If the street where the bumblebees were found is by any chance lined by certain flowering trees (Tilia), bumblebees can die while foraging.

3 hours ago, Gerrit said:

Maybe not the only possibility. If the street where the bumblebees were found is by any chance lined by certain flowering trees (Tilia), bumblebees can die while foraging.

True. I talked about heaps of other stuff regarding the bumblebee and honey bee. They had only so much space to put words in. 

• Like 2