Raspberry honey wanted to buy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://3feathershoney.co.nz/shop/creamed-honey/creamed-raspberry-honey/   i suspect that its raspberry mixed with honey rather than actual raspberry honey.

OOPS.. what-a-mistaka-to-maka , my English.. I meant blackberries, not blueberries ( they don't grow at my place since they need more acid ground)..  Apologies..    

Not sure if this mis the correct place, but I am interested in buying maybe up to 40 to 60kgs of raspberry honey, anybody have any for sale. 

I believe there is reason to be suspicious. There has to be significant area covered with raspberry to have some extraction of it. I am surrounded with lot of " bush", which large part are wild blueberries. It is covered with bees all the time and again even at its peak I doubt I could get more than 2-3kg of blueberry honey per hive. But as part of lime/honeydew/chestnut honey it is great addition.. There are parts in world where are raspberries are grown intensively, maybe there can get some decent extraction. But again some as told got stroke by the spraying ( insecticides used for raspberry protection), and avoid to go there.

22 minutes ago, Goran said:

I meant blackberries, not blueberries ( they don't grow at my place since they need more acid ground)

Awww...you spoiled my vision of your bush- with wild blueberries and possibly a passing foraging bear......now its just a tangle of prickly blackberries (just like we have in uncared for areas) Blackberry is a pest plant here.

One of my daughters fond memories of time in Northern Italy was foraging for wild blueberries.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mummzie said:

Awww...you spoiled my vision of your bush- with wild blueberries and possibly a passing foraging bear......now its just a tangle of prickly blackberries (just like we have in uncared for areas) Blackberry is a pest plant here.

One of my daughters fond memories of time in Northern Italy was foraging for wild blueberries.

Beside these wild blackberries around we grow thorn free variety, just for our needs ( eat fresh and sometimes little " wine"). Blueberries I would like to grow, but I would have to spoil the ground ( more acid) to it can grow. Lately is here new " flashy" crop: Honeyberry - Lonicera caerulea var. Kamtschatica. They call it Siberian blueberry. It can grow on " any" soil. We got few plants last spring from one man who grows them for sale. As he said, all what he pick he sells fast and for nice price. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Allmc said:

I had tasted some at a home show and it was delicious, would also be interested in blueberry honey if anyone has some 

What a great suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to contribute on what will nearly be your 3rd year anniversary of joining the site. 

I was looking at the company website of the raspberry honey that was recommended to you.

Our wildflower honey is our most prolific honey and comes in 3 varieties: liquid, creamed and Lemon. The creamed honey is silky smooth and great for cold winters to spread on toast. The Lemon variety is fantastic spooned into hot water for a comforting drink or spread on toast with butter.

Due to the huge production of wildflower honey in NZ, here at 3 Feathers we have also created some incredible creamed honey varieties. Our creamed Raspberry and creamed Vanilla honeys were launched in August and have been such a success we have sold out at many shows! Try it today, you won’t be disappointed!

It is indeed something they have created, you can find their honey story on their website - it might be worth asking if they can do you a blend, especially at the quantity you are asking for. Blueberries will be online soon too.

3FEATHERSHONEY.CO.NZ

• Like 1

This has been an interesting topic, I am a hobbyist bee keeper looking to perhaps go semi commercial and looking for unique products and something a bit different to both give as gifts, to family overseas, but also perhaps sell at local markets. I am hoping to semi retire soon and this perhaps can add a little pocket money.

• Like 1