Honey House Wishlist

4 hours ago, jamesc said:

We sent our Honey Hummer wax separator into town for a  pre season check up the other day.

The engineer rang today with the good the bad and the ugly ..... new bearings, seals , a few sheared bolts ..... the fix it  bill should be in the region of $6,500.

"Wonderfull" , I said "Can I pick it up Friday ?"

Sometimes you just gotta keep on rolling on the hamster wheel.

At your place machines and maintenance are really expensive. When mentioned wax separator I googled how much will cost new wax separator here - 4128 nzd. ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was moving up to 500 colonies, I would want the Cowan 28 extractor with the Silver Queen uncapper.  We currently have no plans to move up to that sort of scale and have built our extracting aroun

We used to have everything contract extracted. It seemed easy, but the reality was it was extra time transporting boxes there and back, and then we had to wait in line for our turn .... So we put

We sent our Honey Hummer wax separator into town for a  pre season check up the other day. The engineer rang today with the good the bad and the ugly ..... new bearings, seals , a few sheared bol

5 hours ago, Goran said:

At your place machines and maintenance are really expensive. When mentioned wax separator I googled how much will cost new wax separator here - 4128 nzd. ?

Yes it is. The machinery has got expensive and complicated. The simpler the better. As we don't have a Tristan on our team of few.

That's okay if the result means more expensive honey out of the frames. 

Can you share the wax separator with us? 

50 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Yes it is. The machinery has got expensive and complicated. The simpler the better. As we don't have a Tristan on our team of few.

That's okay if the result means more expensive honey out of the frames. 

Can you share the wax separator with us? 

I don't want to advertise, most of machines for beekeeping we import from neighboring Serbia. 

Here is the link to one site where I saw price 4128 nzd: 

EVROTOM.ORG

Barrel: 0.8 mm INOX 304 sheet Cover: Transparent Acrylon 4mm Outer diameter: Ø880 mm Inner diameter: Ø850 mm Height at legs: 1200 mm Height of barrel: 1050 mm

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Goran said:

I don't want to advertise, most of machines for beekeeping we import from neighboring Serbia. 

Here is the link to one site where I saw price 4128 nzd: 

EVROTOM.ORG

Barrel: 0.8 mm INOX 304 sheet Cover: Transparent Acrylon 4mm Outer diameter: Ø880 mm Inner diameter: Ø850 mm Height at legs: 1200 mm Height of barrel: 1050 mm

thats a hobby machine. even for a small commercial you would be emptying it out very regularly. looking at the construction i think it would wear out rather fast with heavy use. 

big difference in price between hobby and commercial gear. 

• Thanks 1

Try a bit of lubricant for the bearings @jamesc, port seems to work most times...anyway, have to correct you, it should read 'funny woman', apologies, probably should have introduced myself somewhere on the forum here, but never got around to it. Anyway, you're right, as long as you keep treading, the wheel keeps turning and bills are just part of it. In a lean year, i. e. honey price down, the big bills are just a lot harder to smile at....

• Good Info 1