• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 boxes just in case. Baited with lemongrass oil.

Easy job.and with no rain on the radar,can leave trolley over night then wheel the new colony to prepared spot. Love my wee trolley. Fits the hives perfectly and takes up to 250kg

You've found them a warm dry home. If it were mine I'd let them do their thing. 

Posted Images

So now the job is done.........

Thinking🤔

I only had one box of drawn comb. The other frames were either just waxed (new) plus maybe 4 were just wired with no wax. (Did an AS last week so supplies are suddenly low.)🤨

Over the next 10 days I have 4 days stating possibility of rain

(40% to 70%)

I will look at my other bees  today, but might not have huge amounts of extra stores to move around. Can the swarm survive without me feeding?

( I guess my thoughts being,that,that is what they intended to do, and now at least they have drawn comb)

1 hour ago, Wildflower said:

So now the job is done.........

Thinking🤔

I only had one box of drawn comb. The other frames were either just waxed (new) plus maybe 4 were just wired with no wax. (Did an AS last week so supplies are suddenly low.)🤨

Over the next 10 days I have 4 days stating possibility of rain

(40% to 70%)

I will look at my other bees  today, but might not have huge amounts of extra stores to move around. Can the swarm survive without me feeding?

( I guess my thoughts being,that,that is what they intended to do, and now at least they have drawn comb)

They have bellies full of honey and a large amount of foraging bees, so generally do pretty well without feeding. But if you are concerned, feeding 1:1 syrup will help them draw comb more quickly.