Oha Honey has another huge loss

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see on Stuff this morning that Oha Honey has posted another huge loss. Gotta wonder how long they can keep it going !   Covid-19 contributes to Ngāi Tahu Holdings $25

Their webpage said 30,000 hives... Thats a loss of about $700.00 per hive!

On 11/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, southbee said:

Their webpage said 30,000 hives... Thats a loss of about $700.00 per hive!

I believe the web page is overstated by 10,000+ hives. Making it a loss of over $1000 per hive. Two years ago and possibly even last year I would have said that a good management team could still turn the business around. Now I would say it would almost be a pointless exercise to atempt. Everyone who understood the business and the Manuka business has either jump or been pushed. It would be a very brave management team to take it on now. I understand the CEO resigned back in August. There has also been another round of restructuring and job losses. 

• Good Info 2
1 hour ago, Boot said:

I believe the web page is overstated by 10,000+ hives. Making it a loss of over $1000 per hive. Two years ago and possibly even last year I would have said that a good management team could still turn the business around. Now I would say it would almost be a pointless exercise to atempt. Everyone who understood the business and the Manuka business has either jump or been pushed. It would be a very brave management team to take it on now. I understand the CEO resigned back in August. There has also been another round of restructuring and job losses. 

With regard to your comments, so we can all keep things in perspective; out of interest Boot, who do you work for or contract to?

Edited by Maggie James
18 hours ago, Maggie James said:

With regard to your comments, so we can all keep things in perspective; out of interest Boot, who do you work for or contract to?

Maggie 

My comments are purely independent. I know a number of people working for Oha and the huge efforts being made there. 

• Good Info 1