8 hours ago, Alastair said:

You mean on facebook? LOL, I've been getting lectured by people who have just got their first bees, or haven't actually got them yet, telling me what I'm doing wrong.¬†ūüėĀ

Lately, I have been inudated with numerous phone calls from students of a tertiary provider (who appears to be v disorganised) delivering beekeeping courses at level 3 & level 4.  Students want answers to their questions on their assignments, and students seem to think they would like to be mentored by me.  They just don't seem to understand it's not my place to help them with their assignments, and whilst I don't mind mentoring people, I can't go mentoring what seems to be like half the population of mid Canterbury; particularly when a tertiary provider providing zero fee courses is probably making megabucks from government funding.     

• Agree 3
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lately, I have been inudated with numerous phone calls from students of a tertiary provider (who appears to be v disorganised) delivering beekeeping courses at level 3 & level 4.  Students want an

This tertiary provider wouldn't happen to be further south from you? I'm hearing some interesting stories coming from one being run here... 

thats pretty typical of most schools (including overseas).

get the students to get the industries to answer their questions. then they wonder why the local outfits get annoyed when they are bombarded by the students, especially as the schools don't even inform the local industry.

its basically a lazy school using the students to get the industry to do the teaching for them.

i had back in school days when the class gets given a project and the local retailer gets flooded with students asking questions etc.

Edited by tristan
11 hours ago, Maggie James said:

Lately, I have been inudated with numerous phone calls from students of a tertiary provider (who appears to be v disorganised) delivering beekeeping courses at level 3 & level 4.  Students want answers to their questions on their assignments, and students seem to think they would like to be mentored by me.  They just don't seem to understand it's not my place to help them with their assignments, and whilst I don't mind mentoring people, I can't go mentoring what seems to be like half the population of mid Canterbury; particularly when a tertiary provider providing zero fee courses is probably making megabucks from government funding.     

This tertiary provider wouldn't happen to be further south from you? I'm hearing some interesting stories coming from one being run here... 

• Like 1