Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daley

Archive Miscellaneous Snaps

I took a freind and his family and my two oldest out to the Blue Spring "Te Waihou" walkway. It was a hot humid dayand it got the better of me. I have swum in the Waihou before and vowed never again..frigg its cold!! anyway i jumped in (and out) and eventually decided I could manage a trip over to the spring outlet itself. It was worth the dash over and the quick dip in the 11 degree water. then my girls decided they wanted to go over and see the spring as well...so two more trips over...three days later and my testicles have just come back out of hiding!! It was worth it though. heres a pic of the spring outlet. I didnt take the photo, this is the view when you get over there once you brave the Waihou. [attachment=3453:name] [attachment=3454:name]

I've done some drift dives down the waihou, very beautiful but very very cold. Dived down the blue spring bit and it's so blue and clear and cold

I've been there dansar, couldn't believe how blue the water was, it was amazing!!!

[quote name='Daley']I've been there dansar, couldn't believe how blue the water was, it was amazing!!![/quote] the trout are delicious as well(y)

[quote name='Daley']Look at it... He's so cute :D[ATTACH=full]2865[/ATTACH][/quote] I gotta love a hedge pig. Lots around here but only ever had one in the garden Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[attachment=3545:name] My first 'up close and personal' attempt of sorts with macro lens. They just don't sit still! :) f2.8. 1/250. 100mm

Bees are so cute. With their little fuzz

Ok . . . just one more ..... bees found my birdbath ..... [attachment=3552:name]

[quote name='HoBo']Ok . . . just one more ..... bees found my birdbath ..... [ATTACH]3150[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3151[/ATTACH][/quote] errr two even

[quote name='HoBo']errr two even[/quote]Love the copyright on the photo. Good close ups

Last week we renovated the honey house toilet... I used to call it the toilet of doom, it was a dark, stinky, disgusting place, with filthy 'piss stained' looking walls, cobwebs, sheep sh*t and nowhere dry to put toilet paper.. not that there ever was any. A place to be avoided at all costs! except for dire desperate situations, and even then... NOT a chance was I going to sit on the seat.. it was a hover zone of ultimate horrors... And now...[attachment=3606:name] it has a lovely cat picture... [attachment=3607:name] And some sweet ornaments... [attachment=3605:name] Now, I just sit in the toilet all day, and don't do any work, I just look at these cats, and my heart soars, I am immediately filled with a special kind of happiness! One that can only come from cat art and adorable toilet adornments. I feel like I should be an interior designer :D

On a serious note... Some pictures of honey extracting... [attachment=3609:name] ^ M emptying the wax spinner [attachment=3611:name] ^ Business as usual. [attachment=3610:name] ^ Scraping the frames [attachment=3608:name] ^ Special manuka hedgehog art, this is a one off piece.

Frame the hedgehog art and add it to the collection:)

Here is a queen bumble bee mating with a drone, There was another drone close by too. She tried to fly, but was weighted down to the ground. Taken by my wife yesterday while out feeding the goats[attachment=3612:name]

[quote name='Daley']^ Business as usual.[/quote]see Daleys pic above Not sure that that piece of art is a keeper tho:eek:

Our business is a silly one :D

[quote name='Daley']Our business is a silly one :D[/quote]Yep, but I bet its a great environment to work in:)

We actually get a lot done to be honest. We've done 10 drums of high activity manuka in the last 2 days

Some of us work:rofl:

[quote name='Daley']We actually get a lot done to be honest. We've done 10 drums of high activity manuka in the last 2 days[/quote]How big is a drum?

[quote name='Daley']Last week we renovated the honey house toilet... [/quote] You should rename it the honey dunny :)

44gallons, I don't know how many litres of honey it is though. We've only got a smallish extraction plant. 14 frame extractor and wax spinner etc and honey tanks

[quote name='Derek']You should rename it the honey dunny :)[/quote] Perhaps I could make it a wee sign when I get some spare time :x3:

[quote name='Daley']44gallons, I don't know how many litres of honey it is though. We've only got a smallish extraction plant. 14 frame extractor and wax spinner etc and honey tanks[/quote]200 litres. Nice work!!!