Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daley

Archive Miscellaneous Snaps

[quote name='Daley']...... Whip the corners off with the electric plane... [ATTACH=full]4369[/ATTACH] [/quote] Why do you chamfer the corners? Cheers Roger

[quote name='Roger']Why do you chamfer the corners? Cheers Roger[/quote] That was an idea we got off tony. It stops you chipping all your new boxes when you whack your hive tool in.

[quote name='Roger']Why do you chamfer the corners? Cheers Roger[/quote] Gotta recommend it too. We did some at the end of last box making season, not as many as Daley and Merk, but they stop the thermowood boxes from chipping when you put the hive tool in to crack the boxes. We are routing all our boxes this year and it has a positive when you are painting in that they don't stick that much either. I chipped a few last year when I was seperating them. Pics later

Bit of wine flu going around here. This was the cake

Wine flu. Lol Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bees and some other stuff, Vietnam [attachment=4623:name] ''Bee farm'' [attachment=4624:name] Little bees on oranges [attachment=4625:name] Something to do with bees but I don't know what, Cat Ba [attachment=4632:name] medicinal supplies [attachment=4627:name] our homestay (bathroom behind the brick wall) [attachment=4628:name] Selling jackfruit from a boat, Mekong Delta [attachment=4629:name] Cat Ba town [attachment=4630:name] At the bee farm, Mekong Delta [attachment=4631:name] Hanoi telecoms wiring [attachment=4626:name] Mostly dried fish at this market stall in Can Tho

Welcome home Janice :)

[quote name='Bron']Welcome home Janice :)[/quote]Thanks Bron

The photo at the bee farm, 3rd from the end.. What are those plastic cups on the wooden bar? Something for queen breeding?

The telephone company line men must have fun finding the faults ,the phone lines looks the same in the phillipines

[quote name='Daley']The photo at the bee farm, 3rd from the end.. What are those plastic cups on the wooden bar? Something for queen breeding?[/quote]Nobody could tell me anything (I don't speak Vietnamese and they spoke no English) but they looked like upside-down queen cups.

[quote="Chris Valentine, post: 41456, member: 53"]The telephone company line men must have fun finding the faults ,the phone lines looks the same in the phillipines[/quote]I used to work in telephone faults and that would have been my nightmare

Vietnam was lovely in many ways. Beautiful scenery, lovely people and not trying to rip you off, delicious food and free wifi everywhere so I could keep up with the forum. And beer is the same price as fizzy drink - around 75c a bottle. What's not to like?

Janice did you love stepping out into that crazy Hanoui traffic, a real asian 'experience' :rolleyes:

LOL, Dbee, it took a couple of days to get used to and then I realised they would just go round me. (I didn't try that with buses or cars, though.)

ha ha ha, I got quite addicted to the adrenaline rush it provided,yes small things amuse small minds and all that, I was playing chicken with everything, the rick shaw drivers were the ones that were the least happy, but even their expletives had a certain musicallitiy to them. Did you get up to Dilat or the lakes up by the cambodian border?

No, we were boring - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cat Ba island (to visit an old school buddy), Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.

[quote name='Janice']No, we were boring - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cat Ba island (to visit an old school buddy), Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.[/quote] Nothing boring about that itnerary, yes a well beaten path, but some beut spots, I think it takes several trips to imbibe a country, can't wait for my next session, now just to find a bee sitter hum:rolleyes:

PAHAHAHA :D[attachment=4731:name]