Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rashika

Archive transportation... whats yours?

[quote name='Kiwimana']Be sure to toot next time Derek :) Don't you live around Waitakere as well?[/quote] Sure am, about 2.5 km up the hill out of Waitakere township on the way to Bethells

[quote name='dansar']My bike just manages to pull the skin off the custard :D 50cc [ATTACH=full]2377[/ATTACH][/quote] oh well some one has to buy the small ones

[quote name='dansar']My dad has an ex police xj750 parked in the shed - hasnt ridden it for nearly 18 years. Trying to convince him it would be better off at my place so I can work on it and get it running again (it was running when he stopped riding)[/quote] I loved my xj - I cried when the bike shop said that the forks were pitted and would no longer be warrantable. Some people rag on the shaft-drive and reckon it kicks to the side as you accelerate, but I never noticed that. The only actual xj [I]owner[/I] I have ever heard complain about the shaft drive was a drongo who whined that it leaked lube all over his rear tyre when he cornered :what:. Hes right up there with the guy who complained that his (water cooled) kawasaki was constantly overheating, and never actually filled the sodding thing water :rofl:. Got that bike cheap and never had any problems with it. (y) But yeah, as you probably know better than me, engines are best when run regularly; the longer its left the more likely it is to seize fatally. A sad end for a bike which deserves to last long enough to be a classic. So keep working on your dad.

I started off with these. But you cannot stop too long at traffic lights in some places in NZ. They steal the wheels off you while you're on them.:( [attachment=2869:name] Then I got this, and have to carry it home as there is not many places to charge it up.:mad: [attachment=2870:name] I tried various model of these. Too hilly in Wellington. Ends up in a pile of scrap:crap: [attachment=2871:name] This belongs to my son. But I use to have a 50cc to ride to work and when the clutch wasn't too good and cyclist was passing me in a Southerly wind on the road, it was embarrassing. :mask: [attachment=2872:name] For an upgrade to the 50cc I was given a Fiat Bambina with a soft top for my 40th. Initially I was :what: I should have stuck with the 50cc. Had to push start most of the time:thumbdown: . Sorry photos somewhere. Now I prefer these(y):):cool::D:love: . No speeding tickets. If you want to go slow, just do lots of S's and if you want to go real fast, point them straight down hill. and faster still, crouch real low and legs further apart as if doing :crap: in the bush. If your are really scared, that might also happen. The downside is it can only go downhill. The upside is a chauffeur takes you uphill. Goes through deep powder, groomed, ice, slush in spring and sometimes hidden gravel. [attachment=2873:name] I do envy those beeks who can afford better transportation with their $400/kg manuka honey

This is my favorite waste of time. [attachment=2874:name] Just need some time to waste on it

Oh, PK. My first car was a Bambina and I loved it. On Dunedin hills it had to work hard and one of the spark plug leads would often jump off. They don't go uphill well on one cylinder, either.

[quote name='Hobbler']This is my favorite waste of time. [ATTACH]2390[/ATTACH] Just need some time to waste on it[/quote] I so know what you mean! [quote="P K Tan, post: 21197, member: 367"] I started off with these. But you cannot stop too long at traffic lights in some places in NZ. They steal the wheels off you while you're on them.[/quote] haha, I love it! [quote name='Janice']Oh, PK. My first car was a Bambina and I loved it. On Dunedin hills it had to work hard and one of the spark plug leads would often jump off. They don't go uphill well on one cylinder, either.[/quote] but they are cool though, little but cute! Mine was a riley elf, peagreen, mark1, actually pretty cool car, mini with a boot and buck teeth

I was riding this as a push bike then got tired of the pedaling[attachment=2877:name] - it is 70cc 2 stroke motor- kinda freaky at 50kmh with a screaming 2stroke at your ankles:eek:

sorry no nice bike for me. i'll stick to 4 wheels. sorry don't have any better pics at the moment. [attachment=2879:name]

[quote name='dansar']I was riding this as a push bike then got tired of the pedaling - it is 70cc 2 stroke motor- kinda freaky at 50kmh with a screaming 2stroke at your ankles[/quote] Well with the help of that little motor, you may just be able to keep up with the all the pro riders on drugs in the peloton... As a once fairly serious road cyclist, I feel I do have to make some comment on the angle of your seat... I realise that isn't a road bike with drop bars, so the riding position may not be so forward - but if that [U][B]were[/B][/U] a road bike, with the nose up at that angle you would well be, er, well, um, risking numbing a certain region and rendering it on the sore side... :eek::eek::cry: for a roadie the recommendation would be to angle it just a fraction downwards from parallel with the top tube.... (y)

[quote name='Derek']Well with the help of that little motor, you may just be able to keep up with the all the pro riders on drugs in the peloton... As a once fairly serious road cyclist, I feel I do have to make some comment on the angle of your seat... I realise that isn't a road bike with drop bars, so the riding position may not be so forward - but if that [U][B]were[/B][/U] a road bike, with the nose up at that angle you would well be, er, well, um, risking numbing a certain region and rendering it on the sore side... :eek::eek::cry: for a roadie the recommendation would be to angle it just a fraction downwards from parallel with the top tube.... (y)[/quote] yep I was a track cyclist, and leaning over a bit more would umm tickle some what.

[quote name='dansar']yep I was a track cyclist, and leaning over a bit more would umm tickle some what.[/quote] tickle!!??? :eek::unsure:

[quote name='dansar']yep I was a track cyclist, and leaning over a bit more would umm tickle some what.[/quote] Whatever winds your clock.:D:whistle:

I have had the same training as Johnny English

[attachment=2896:name]

I use my little mate here to help with the hives,[attachment=2927:name]

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21632, member: 268"]I use my little mate here to help with the hives,[/quote] Now that what I call "covering your ass!" :rofl::D sorry, could not resist.

hi Erin here's a shot for you, can you not see yourself out bee keeping with your ass behind you ? !!![attachment=2933:name]

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21683, member: 268"]hi Erin here's a shot for you, can you not see yourself out bee keeping with your ass behind you ? !!![/quote] I rather suspect I would have problems dragging my ass up the ladder to my beehive! :p

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21685, member: 268"] were do you keep your bees?[/quote] here (post 32 - on top of the small shed is my TBH...): [url="http://www.nzbees.net/forum/threads/a-bee-garden-photo-edition.1313/page-2"]A Bee Garden - photo edition - | Page 2 | NZ Beekeepers Forum[/url]

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21683, member: 268"]hi Erin here's a shot for you, can you not see yourself out bee keeping with your ass behind you ? !!![ATTACH=full]2455[/ATTACH][/quote] Haha, that is FABBO!

[quote="kevin moore, post: 21632, member: 268"]I use my little mate here to help with the hives, [/QUOTE] Thanks Kevin, yet again, I laughed for long time