Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rashika

Archive transportation... whats yours?

The Yesbut bike[attachment=2860:name]

bit more of a 'go anywhere' bike huh? ;)

Yup. it ends up all over the place !

Here's mine, taken earlier this year [attachment=2861:name] Suzuki S40 - 650 cc single. I've had a custom exhaust fitted since this photo, it now sounds like a big single should rather than the goldfish fart in a bowl "chuff" the standard Suzuki exhaust makes. Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

[attachment=2862:name] This one of mine ride it was a bit wet and got it suck last summer

[quote name='Derek'] Suzuki S40 - 650 cc single. I've had a custom exhaust fitted since this photo, it now sounds like a big single should rather than the goldfish fart in a bowl "chuff" the standard Suzuki exhaust makes. Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2[/quote] Yeah they do have that goldfish fart sound originlly eh, very shiny! [quote="Chris Valentine, post: 21106, member: 53"] This one of mine ride it was a bit wet and got it suck last summer[/quote] Ah lovely... My partner would love that shot! He's a 4wd fanatic as well as a bike fanatic

This is the bike I had at the start of the year: [attachment=2863:name] The one I have now is almost identical except it has a top-box and the speed is in obsolete nonsense rather than nice Scientific SI units. I stuck with 600cc (I used to have a 750) because I object to the rego step at >600.

My bike just manages to pull the skin off the custard :D 50cc [attachment=2864:name]

[quote name='Erin'] The one I have now is almost identical except it has a top-box and the speed is in obsolete nonsense rather than nice Scientific SI units. I stuck with 600cc (I used to have a 750) because I object to the rego step at >600.[/quote] Yeap i hear you on that! Thats why just the summer rego for me, though i have had my bike for about 5 years now, long before they decided to thieve all our money off us for the pleasure of riding. Its a buell xb12r firebolt (1200) and keeps me challenged every time i ride, its fab! Oooo dansar, nice looking bucket there! ;-)

Here is our Swarm Patrol Transportation "The BeeHive" (Because its always full of bees :)) [IMG]http://kiwimana.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/101_sdc16801.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Kiwimana']Here is our Swarm Patrol Transportation "The BeeHive" (Because its always full of bees :)) [/quote] Have seen you on the NW Motorway traveling in to the city some mornings (early too).... :)

[quote name='Kiwimana']Here is our Swarm Patrol Transportation "The BeeHive" (Because its always full of bees :)) [/quote] haha, I LOVE IT!! :D

[quote name='dansar']My bike just manages to pull the skin off the custard :D 50cc[/quote] Nothing wrong with 50cc - I remember a course I was on, an a girl on an GR50 was easily out-riding the guy on the 250 ninja...

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 21066, member: 533"]she's magic![/quote] cute number plate too! (y)

[quote name='Erin']cute number plate too! (y)[/quote] yup, my one self-indulgence! ;) ...and to answer all those queries "where's the dude who owns this bike?" :rolleyes:

our lazyboy on wheels - Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 nomad the wife often rides on the back. :cool: [attachment=2865:name]

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 21134, member: 533"]yup, my one self-indulgence! ;) ...and to answer all those queries "where's the dude who owns this bike?" :rolleyes:[/quote] lol, I hear that! When I was at uni I had a 1985 750 seca. It looked a lot like this ([url="http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/buyersguide/Yamaha-XJ750RSeca-XJ750Maxim-XJ750MidnightMaxim-XJ700SMaxim.htm"]Motorcycle Buyers Guide - Yamaha XJ750R Seca, XJ750 Maxim, XJ750 Midnight Maxim, XJ700S Maxim[/url]), but black and nowhere near as tidy. I used to get approached by drooling Japanese guys who loved the bike but could not believe a girl was riding it. Apparently it is vey hard and hideously expensive to ride anything larger than ~500cc in Japan.

yeah my sister used to ride a derek bike there (I remember her telling me about the AMAZING practical test they have to do... puts ours to shame, 85% kiwis would never pass!), till it got broken into (they buggered the ignition trying to steal it) and then she got bounced into a stone wall by a car... gave it up after that. Settlled on a nice wee 600 sports bike at home (forgotten what she rode here now). Oh and my dad STILL has his XJ600... somewhere, in a shed [quote="phill-k, post: 21135, member: 128"]our lazyboy on wheels - Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 nomad the wife often rides on the back. :cool: [/quote] oooo shiny! and comfy looking... and nice to hear the wife shares the joy!

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 21134, member: 533"]yup, my one self-indulgence! ;) ...and to answer all those queries "where's the dude who owns this bike?" :rolleyes:[/quote] My wife's boss has a Hayabusa... and she has to deal with those same assumptions too. If I were honest, her bike scares me just a bit...

[quote="phill-k, post: 21135, member: 128"]our lazyboy on wheels - Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 nomad the wife often rides on the back. :cool: [/quote] Good description there, some serious polishing upkeep to do though... My bike doesn't have much of a seat for a pillion, still Catherine and my daughter do come out for rides - but 50 km is about the limit for endurance before rear end soreness kicks in with accompanying protests...

yeah not too sure about the bus myself, all that fairing to scratch... a friend changes his bikes like his undies, had a bus, GSXR1000 ksomething, a tuono, a bking, another tuono, now a speed triple (all in the last 5 years I have known him). The tuono was COOOOOL, the bking was surprisingly nimble to handle and quick, the GSXR I hated (so uncomfy), the speed triple haven't ridden yet (only got it 2 weeks ago). fav bike to have ridden: MV augusta Tamborini, farrrrrrk amazing machinery

[quote name='Derek'] My bike doesn't have much of a seat for a pillion, still Catherine and my daughter do come out for rides - but 50 km is about the limit for endurance before rear end soreness kicks in with accompanying protests...[/quote] no pillion pegs on mine... what a shame ;)

[quote name='Erin']lol, I hear that! When I was at uni I had a 1985 750 seca. It looked a lot like this ([URL='http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/buyersguide/Yamaha-XJ750RSeca-XJ750Maxim-XJ750MidnightMaxim-XJ700SMaxim.htm']Motorcycle Buyers Guide - Yamaha XJ750R Seca, XJ750 Maxim, XJ750 Midnight Maxim, XJ700S Maxim[/URL]), but black and nowhere near as tidy. I used to get approached by drooling Japanese guys who loved the bike but could not believe a girl was riding it. Apparently it is vey hard and hideously expensive to ride anything larger than ~500cc in Japan.[/quote] My dad has an ex police xj750 parked in the shed - hasnt ridden it for nearly 18 years. Trying to convince him it would be better off at my place so I can work on it and get it running again (it was running when he stopped riding)

[quote name='Derek']Have seen you on the NW Motorway traveling in to the city some mornings (early too).... :)[/quote] Be sure to toot next time Derek :) Don't you live around Waitakere as well?