afb inspection other bk's hives

I am now looking after another bk's hives for 5 years as he is loaded with great eco work.

I have DECA and inspected his hives a couple of weeks ago, all clear.

Feeling a bit confused, he owns tham and I am beekeeping them, what paperwork do I have to do now ?

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Other beekeeper's probably got a DECA too so no COI. Presumably you just fill in the AFB declaration on his behalf? If it was me I'd probably 'officially' take over the hives by registering the site and hives as my own for the next five years.

• Like 1
Other beekeeper's probably got a DECA too so no COI. Presumably you just fill in the AFB declaration on his behalf? If it was me I'd probably 'officially' take over the hives by registering the site and hives as my own for the next five years.

Yes, he has a DECA but not active. Thanks for the solution.

• Like 1

If you register it under your name and does not belong to you, would that not limit your number of hives and sites quota?