• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My advise, marry the office girl, just sayin.

Here you go, @Maggie James, did stay up last night, baking....was a fair mission and result nowhere near as pretty as the one @Russgot, I seemed to have heaps of icing, so just piled it on...and got t

Had this cake at work smoko yesterday, I supplied the honey and one of the office girls baked it, it was delish.

Posted Images

On 2/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, Mummzie said:

AWWWW Not fair.

At least supply the recipe too!!!

Was it your birthday @Russ

No, not my birthday. 

Will try and find the recipe and post it on here.

• Like 2

Did have a look at the recipe and decided to try that, sounds and looks yummy. Got the sour cream and cream in the fridge, waiting to be used....now just need to get my act together and do it....no way I'm waiting for NZ Post....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, southbee said:

Did have a look at the recipe and decided to try that, sounds and looks yummy. Got the sour cream and cream in the fridge, waiting to be used....now just need to get my act together and do it....no way I'm waiting for NZ Post....

What honey varietal R ya using?  Please don't say cooking honey out of the wax melter!  If yer pic is impressive, I might give recipe a whirl.  But of course I would have to use a varietal appropriate to my area! Ha ha!   

Have got my mum's 1960's crushed biscuit balls recipe, which I really love made with 2019 blackcurrant honey.  

Amazing how different varietals, can influence different recipes/products

Edited by Maggie James

Here you go, @Maggie James, did stay up last night, baking....was a fair mission and result nowhere near as pretty as the one @Russgot, I seemed to have heaps of icing, so just piled it on...and got too tired to do any decorations. With two sons back home from school now, it's half gone and we all agreed that it's delicious, thank you very much for sharing the recipe, @Russ. Did use some of our Kamahi honey, has to be the right one as we had heaps of it standing around in our kitchen...

IMG_3379.jpeg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, southbee said:

Here you go, @Maggie James, did stay up last night, baking....was a fair mission and result nowhere near as pretty as the one @Russgot, I seemed to have heaps of icing, so just piled it on...and got too tired to do any decorations. With two sons back home from school now, it's half gone and we all agreed that it's delicious, thank you very much for sharing the recipe, @Russ. Did use some of our Kamahi honey, has to be the right one as we had heaps of it standing around in our kitchen...

IMG_3379.jpeg

That looks amazing, I will have to try and make one myself.