Hmm .... more on that later .

This year is all about cost saving ...... I got the latest fuel bill yesterday ..... price per litre on the card at the isolated Parnassus full bowser ...... 0.81c/litre. 

"Rolling rolling rolling ...... keep them wagons rolling ..... "

• Like 2
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And oh talking vehicle costs, long time ago James you asked me if the speedometer in my ute is accurately tracking total km's, ever since, I've had this little thought that maybe it isn't. So finally,

You need a fuel card probably.... waitomo, npd,mckeowns.

Can you use the Z sharetank app? That automatically gives me the cheapest pump price in 30kms and gets me down to below $1 per litre for diesel. Or you can use the gas spy app  

And oh talking vehicle costs, long time ago James you asked me if the speedometer in my ute is accurately tracking total km's, ever since, I've had this little thought that maybe it isn't. So finally, on a trip to Whangarei, I took the time to check the distance on Google Maps, and compare with what the speedo said. 1 km difference. So considering my speedo rounds off to the nearest km, I'm going to call it pretty much bang on.

• Like 2
  • Good Info 1

speedometer and odometer are functionally separate and while the speedo is only accurate at 50kph the odometer is accurate at all speeds. (unless you fit wrong size of tyre/wheel).

8 hours ago, Alastair said:

Really! I keep hearing about this cheap diesel but for me it's usually around $1.30

• Like 1
  • Good Info 1

Can you use the Z sharetank app? That automatically gives me the cheapest pump price in 30kms and gets me down to below $1 per litre for diesel. Or you can use the gas spy app

PLAY.GOOGLE.COM

Welcome to Gaspy and the Carmunity. We are committed to helping people find the cheapest fuel prices closest to them with this convenient free App. The prices on Gaspy are crowd-sourced which...

• Like 1
  • Good Info 1
3 hours ago, jamesc said:

Great advice, we bought a second hand 2000L tank last season and have it on the farm by the bee shed, best thing we ever did at around 80c litre.. the managers always having me on about filling the tractors out of it.. but then his tank is beside mine so I guess that goes both ways.

• Haha 1

Dunno ..... we burn about 2000lt a month ..... truck rolls up in the middle of the night ..... rolling rolling rolling.

Bill comes a few days later ...... you gotta keep them wagons rolling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, Stoney said:

best thing we ever did at around 80c litre.

is that including cartage?

here it typically costs about the same as the gas station. what you save in fuel cost you loose in delivery costs.

• Agree 1
  • Good Info 1
Just now, tristan said:

is that including cartage?

here it typically costs about the same as the gas station. what you save in fuel cost you loose in delivery costs.

Delivered by tanker truck into my tank on farm. 

and I always thought you north islanders had the cheaper fuel... 
Each rate is different though, my mate owns all the farms my bees and tank live on, I’m tagged in on his fuel rate, and I’d say that’s a very good rate due to the amount of diesel used on the 3 farms. 

• Like 1
  • Good Info 1

auckland tends to be expensive due to the extra fuel tax. even just outside auckland they tend to jack up the prices to take advantage of that. one area tends to subsidise another. however if there is a gull station around the prices drop.

around here a lot of the farms are to small to get decent discounts.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:27 PM, tristan said:

around here a lot of the farms are to small to get decent discounts.

Wee bit less human heads  per hectare down round these parts.. just how I like it... it’s not uncommon to see more wild game in one day than I see humans in a week. 
pretty sure the last place I worked at paid around the 80c per litre delivered mark for diesel, several Isuzu trucks and several Utes chewed through the fuel volumes which would contribute to the suppliers rate.