Message added by Grant,

We enjoy your posts in the monthly diary and its great to see the conversation free flowing. Please use this topic to tell us what you are doing in your hives, if it sparks a discussion, we may move it to its own topic for clearer visibility and to generate interest. Creating new topics is a positive feature of the forum, so please don't be offended.

I use jenter kit for queen rearing, prior to placing queen into it, usually 3 days before I place jenter into that colony. Also I spray the jenter with syrup/honey. While they clean it, they make it as part of their hive. The queen cells which come later I wax. Very rarely queen won't lay it. I use one frame with 24 holes for cell cups per  breeding colony ( 4 frames are more than sufficient for me), and  usually there is some surplus of larvae ( 112 insert cells fit in jenter).

Now when I see how You do it.. maybe I should try also to put queen cells into feeder with feed.. Easier than waxing.. More people, more know.. Thanks for idea..

• Like 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riley’s gonna grow into those gloves! She insisted that she have her “work boots” and her gloves on. 

I took a mum and 3 girls beekeeping today. They’re keen to get hives but wanted some experience and advise.  This little one was amasing. They started out in a full suit but by the end of the day al

Most of my hives were pretty good today but I found one weak hive that was obviously a partial drone layer. Luckily I spotted her running across the comb so it was a quick whack with the hive too

Posted Images

Uh huh @Goran  sometimes one discovers things by accident. I just plonked them in the top feeder because  it lives on top of the starter hive .... so it was easier to recharge the cells there.

Just like tonight.

Thursday night at the Boozer .... got talking to a local guy who has a class five  truck licence and no work.  I need a driver to ferry empty boxes over the hill and bring an empty truck home  the next day.

An accidental meeting .... but the outcome will be perfect .

Serendipity in action. 

Or is the just the higher spirit looking out for us all ....?

• Like 1