On 25/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, nikki watts said:

or name and sue for loss of income. 

The problem is that the person that you think infected you, could of been infected by the same person that infected both of you, but you just happen to find this guy so therefor in your minds they are the culprit. It's not that easy sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was having a good day today until the 2nd yard when I found an infected cell in the fourth hive. I could only see one cell and it was a very light milk chocolate colour. After sterilising everything

Well. It is just as well I didn't name and shame because it turns out that that 5% of uncertainty was someone else entirely. I have just had notification that the inspection team found evidence of rob

If you do find out, first thing to do is send them an invoice for damages.  Make it realistic - i.e. fair values but make it complete, travel, time etc cost of digging hole....  At this point you have

1 minute ago, Dennis Crowley said:

The problem is that the person that you think infected you, could of been infected by the same person that infected both of you, but you just happen to find this guy so therefor in your minds they are the culprit. It's not that easy sometimes.

so true.

there has been a few write ups in the bee mag about finding no afb in the accused hives.

we had the same thing, hobbyist with afb pointed their finger at our apiary (which we have never had afb at). our site got inspected and was found afb free.

on the other hand we had a beek dump some gear near one of our sites and what do you know we get afb. however that aera is afb prone and has many beeks within range.