Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dansar

Archive Face to a name...

Oh yea i got a 5 and 6 plus a 11 and 13 so i know how you must feel, plus been cold over here also theres snow around somwhere.

[quote name='Bron']Thanks for that Tony you made my day, its raining and really cold, I teach 6 & 7 yr olds its been a long day...[/quote] :D well I got covered in paint, and froze in the lovely drafty sheds but we're nearly finished painting all our boxes.. till the next 7 pallets arrive to be put together and painted by number one slave... me...

Carry on slave, its called an apprenticeship, learn from the experts and learn all you can then you can share it with us and I can just get the good stuff without all the hard work. Anyway you got the mega swarm yesterday

Tony, wouldn't be surprised if its snowing on Traffords tonight, good luck with the family, mine live elsewhere these days and still check the fridge everytime they come over:rolleyes: At least I leave the kids at school and come home make more bee gear. Feel like I go to work for a rest some days

apprentices are slaves with paper work.. I have no paper work... I think that means I'm just a slave.. heh stop trying to steal all my mad skills :p

The lack of paperwork is the bonus, I have reports to write that I should be doing right now:crap:

[quote name='Bron']The lack of paperwork is the bonus, I have reports to write that I should be doing right now:crap:[/quote] Glad thats not me [quote name='Bron']Tony, wouldn't be surprised if its snowing on Traffords tonight, good luck with the family, mine live elsewhere these days and still check the fridge everytime they come over:rolleyes: At least I leave the kids at school and come home make more bee gear. Feel like I go to work for a rest some days[/quote] it feels like its snowing at Traffords, oh so the fridge doesn't get any better:( .

Nah, and the older you get the less you drink, unless you are fit and fast

[quote name='Bron']Hi, I've been lurking long enough... I'm Bron and the mother of Dale (Daley) we seem to have developed a bit of a bee thing...[/quote] Hi Daleys' mum!!

Hi daleys mum! ;-) Oh and it snowed here on monday, and another friggen frost yesterday... I swear if any of my seedlings survive this year it will be a miracle!

Aw no your poor plants... I think mine will dry out and shrivel.. So opposite end of the spectrum!

[quote="Trevor Gillbanks, post: 19443, member: 72"]And 2 deg here this morning[/quote] made it to 5 this morning, yay no frost! [quote name='Daley']Aw no your poor plants... I think mine will dry out and shrivel.. So opposite end of the spectrum![/quote] ...for once plenty of rain here, I would doubt there will be any chance of drought in canty this year. And of course I spent half the weekend watering them!

[quote="colin lister, post: 19465, member: 550"]lucky man,nice place[/quote] Thank you - we think we are lucky too. Downside is there's a lot of grass to mow, but that's not really a hardship all things considered :) The bush is nice - no need for landscaping when you're surrounded by natives. (y)

[quote name='Derek']Thank you - we think we are lucky too. Downside is there's a lot of grass to mow, but that's not really a hardship all things considered :) The bush is nice - no need for landscaping when you're surrounded by natives. (y)[/quote] yup I agree, looks lovely! Not many natives here yet, just the ones I have planted partner surprisingly doesnt even complain much about mowing the lawns, takes him 2 hours on a rideon and he only does half... I think he like the peace being on the mower sans kids

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 19468, member: 533"]yup I agree, looks lovely! Not many natives here yet, just the ones I have planted [/quote] We're a bit lucky on that score too, about 2 acres of our section is protected native bush - we haven't planted anything, it just grows... and grows... and grows. We are allowed to keep our cleared area from being taken over by the bush though, so gardening is mainly just a matter of mowing, and keeping the edges at bay... (but then there is the ginger, wandering dew, jasmine and so on to keep out of the bush)

ours was a paddock, very nice pasture (grows FAST!), and one solitary oak tree, about 40 years old. We only moved in in May but last count I have now got about 250 trees/plants, from natives to non-natives to roses to fruit trees to herbs to flowers, most have a lot of growing to do, although all the fruit trees flowered well, and the poplars (wider not tall ones) are doing fab too. Luckily we are only about 1 km to the selwyn river so loads of feeding for the bees

[quote="Gwenda williams, post: 19442, member: 533"]I swear if any of my seedlings survive this year it will be a miracle! QUOTE] Hi Glenda, If I get any gardening done this year it will it will be a miracle, hoping that things will calm down now that we have finished doing our splits and once the bees settle down and make honey instead of wanting to make swarm cells:mad:[/quote]

[quote="kevin moore, post: 19444, member: 268"]Hi Bron, now we have two people with happy smiley faces [/QUOTE] Hi Kevin, what is there not to like about bees - they are fascinating. The kids in my class are extremely interested. Can't talk my man into letting me have a hive at school but I am working on it. Ops! forgot that Dale can read this she won't be keen either as she doesn't like my loveable rogues like I do.:sneaky:

[quote name='Bron']Hi Kevin, what is there not to like about bees - they are fascinating. The kids in my class are extremely interested. Can't talk my man into letting me have a hive at school but I am working on it. Ops! forgot that Dale can read this she won't be keen either as she doesn't like my loveable rogues like I do.:sneaky:[/quote] Better get yourself a couple of epipens if thats your grand plan.... and some sweet sweet public liability insurance..

[quote name='Bron']Hi Kevin, what is there not to like about bees - they are fascinating. The kids in my class are extremely interested. Can't talk my man into letting me have a hive at school but I am working on it. [/quote] [COLOR=#ff0000]Just do a R A M's form and then work from there. (By the way my High School was Lytton High Gisborne)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Shaun'][COLOR=#ff0000](By the way my High School was Lytton High Gisborne)[/COLOR][/quote] And they all come out of the woodwork. I was Gisborne Boys High

Well this is just getting a little bit scary ... I went to Gisborne Boys High too ... Funny how we end up all over the place