• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty stoked with these bad boys (girls)! ... I also have taken @Maggie JamesQC tutorial 😊, though I am using the double screen board method for production. Got a take of 86 out of 90 grafts. 

Really gotta say I don’t like not having the location visible.   I don’t want to have to check a profile every time I want to see where someone’s from to get an idea of whether there Post is mo

The bureaucrats are the only ones making money right now. When I grow up I want to be a bureaucrat   

Posted Images

On 21/09/2020 at 7:24 AM, nikki watts said:

I really need to go see @Maggie James my last graft was 0 from 40 grafts.  They hadn’t even bothered to raise their own cell. 

I found that if the Hive isnt  really strong I don't get vary many cells accepted, if it's absolutely pumping I'll get 20+ from a 40 graft

Edited by Mummzie
spelling
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Maru Hoani said:

I found that if the Hive isnt  really strong I don't get vary many cells excepted, if it's absolutely pumping I'll get 20+ from a 40 graft

Yes.  But the OP was 0 from 40.  So therefore something other than hive strength.  Even a very weak hive queenless hive  will try and make one or two cells.  0 pretty much always means queen in the hive.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks
  • Agree 1
16 hours ago, Maggie James said:
On 21/09/2020 at 8:00 AM, Trevor Gillbanks said:
On 21/09/2020 at 7:24 AM, nikki watts said:

really need to go see @Maggie James my last graft was 0 from 40 grafts.  They hadn’t even bothered to raise their own cell. 

Ph me tonight

I have got a couple of questions re the @ symbol with the orange background:

Is it some sort of notification to me?  If so, where does it show up?  It's not showing up for me anywhere in an email or PM.

How do you do the orange background?

25 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

I have got a couple of questions re the @ symbol with the orange background:

Is it some sort of notification to me?  If so, where does it show up?  It's not showing up for me anywhere in an email or PM.

How do you do the orange background?

It means that you @Maggie Jameshave been quoted correctly and your name has been selected from the drop down list or someone has wanted you to see a posting.  It also shows up as an email to you that you have been quotes and the little bell at the top right of the screen show a number of the quote.

You can click on that and it will take you directly to the quote.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

It means that you @Maggie Jameshave been quoted correctly and your name has been selected from the drop down list or someone has wanted you to see a posting.  It also shows up as an email to you that you have been quotes and the little bell at the top right of the screen show a number of the quote.

You can click on that and it will take you directly to the quote.

Thank you Trevor.  Why am I not getting the emails into my gmail which I use for the forum?  I get my weekly updates from the forum into my gmail account.  Cheers

6 hours ago, jamesc said:

Another star pupil from Maggies tutorials

96612F3A-7C1E-443C-805C-20F8036F6415.jpeg

3 beautiful big cells on the top bar there James..😉

wet feet from dripping willow nectar things are certainly moving at the mo.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 22/09/2020 at 8:25 AM, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yes.  But the OP was 0 from 40.  So therefore something other than hive strength.  Even a very weak hive queenless hive  will try and make one or two cells.  0 pretty much always means queen in the hive.

I wouldn't know lol, always find the queen while setting up for a graft.

Just done my last graft for the spring this arvo hopefully that's all I need for spring,

Had 60 losses through winter so done 4 grafts to make up for spring but I find the queen and cell the split swapped with a strong marked hive to equalize.

Hives are making swarm cells, found 2 hives so far and one hanging today.

Made about 30 splits from 2 grafts, been finding a few failing queens and hives gone queenless too so been making them up. 

3 more lots of cells due out friday,monday and tuesday the 1st of october.

If I dont find the queens on splitting day i mark and there's usually a roar or cells developing the following visit when I come with the cells. 

Oh Crud ... Grants been fiddling again ..... Alls good.

It's a funny old world we live in. We are supposed to be at a wedding in  Ireland now .

We couldn't make it.

Never mind ..... the ever thoughtful groom sent us a Magnum of Champagne for the zoom connections at 3.00am.

I thought I'd start early and get the juice going.

Antipodean Spirit.

Families flung

Covid spun

Shut down in a mask

Antipodean spirit

River wide

Mountain high

Proposed to his Irish lass

You know

The one with the nice ass

Cozy, Bro ..... Whanau

12,000 mile apart

Capin Harry, Annie

In the quiet dawn

We salute you

A Nana's Hongi

An Uncles Haka

The circle is tight

Worlds apart

The spirit transcends. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Grant said:

Sorry you can't be there but don't get too drunk tonight

Alls good ..... good champagne is better than new nectar to a bee hive ..... there is no doubt it will be a long night, but  the blessing is the Main Man got his nuts decommissioned this arvo ..... so no hurry in the morning Bro.

Crikey .... them ladies always have it over us about poking a  bubs out .... but .....  I'll say no more !

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Grant said:

Sorry you can't be there but don't get too drunk tonight

Ay for sure Paddy

Fogive me father , for I am about to sin in thought and word and deed..

but what the heck 😇

6DDD29A0-B2B8-4DC2-825A-65A57B50C535.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1