Honey may be better at treating coughs and colds than over-the-counter medicines

Maybe we need more of these stories:

Honey may be a better treatment for coughs and colds than over-the-counter medicines, a new study has found.

Researchers said honey was more effective in relieving the symptoms of cold and flu-like illnesses than the usual commercial remedies, and could provide a safer, cheaper and more readily available alternative to antibiotics.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/19/health/honey-common-cold-cough-treatment-scn-wellness-scli-intl/index.html

• Like 4
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe we need more of these stories:   Honey may be a better treatment for coughs and colds than over-the-counter medicines, a new study has found. Researchers said honey was more effec

Indeed, but it has to be PURE honey - ideally not blended with other sugar syrup fillers and good quality stuff, from countries like NZ.   Despite the utterly stupid glyphosate-free marketing coup tha

I think the outcome of this research should be in all papers and news channels; so the public gets the message. Could make a difference!

Indeed, but it has to be PURE honey - ideally not blended with other sugar syrup fillers and good quality stuff, from countries like NZ.   Despite the utterly stupid glyphosate-free marketing coup that was attempted (the longer term implications of this were commented on by another in a different thread) there is nothing better than dark, aromatic NZ honey for soothing the inflamed throat.   Three days ago, that special tonsilitis feeling flared for me (as it does frequently enough to be annoying but not for surgery) and given current conditions, a visit to the Doc would likely be less than productive in all honesty.   So, I self-medicated with a couple of panadol at breakfast and frequent dips into the best manuka honey I have on hand off a teaspoon as I work away doing paperwork in the office plus a glass or two of red wine in the evenings.   Day 3 should normally be really unpleasant but I'm actually ok.   Thick throat, sound funny and feel a bit yuuurk but I reckon if I keep this up another day, I'll be good as gold in another day or so.    The manuka honey stings a little at the back of the throat as I suck it off the spoon - I'd like to think it is working at doing something!

• Like 2

Good news spreads fast.. the neighbour just messaged.. how can we buy some shares in your honey business?  you can buy shares by the kg I replied..

called into the local extraction plant this morning to collect a few drums... by dickens there has been a huge reduction in the drums stored in there.. must be moving into peoples kitchens around the world. Was awesome to see so much bare floor space. 

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

According to TV1 this evening, it doesn't have to be manuka...any honey it seems. 

I think the outcome of this research should be in all papers and news channels; so the public gets the message.

Could make a difference!

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, Gerrit said:
13 hours ago, yesbut said:

According to TV1 this evening, it doesn't have to be manuka...any honey it seems. 

I think the outcome of this research should be in all papers and news channels; so the public gets the message.

Could make a difference!

the media these days....🤣🤣 you trust them to spin the story the right way...