anyone figured out updated GREX and 2kg small parcels overseas??

I just read through the updated GREX and still no the wiser if I can send a couple of jars of honey overseas to family.  I'm a RMP operator listed to extract/pack etc for EU etc but we are  not Exporters. 

Grex definition of export is    export means conveying bee products overseas for reward or for the purposes of trade;, so I assume that me wanting to send parcel of honey to family as a gift is not an export.   

But later on in the GREX document 4.5.3 When a transfer document is not required. states that 

(3) A transfer document is not required for parcels of bee products that are sent from a premise to a postal or courier service, providing all the following requirements are met:

a) the parcel is less than or equal to 2 kilograms in weight

b) addressed to a private individual

c) be clearly labelled on the outside with the Exporter ID and business address of the exporter

d) clearly labelled on the outside with either of the following:

i) the unique batch number and product identification of the honey being exported; or

ii) the source transfer document number of the honey being exported.

I can meet (a), (b) & (d) i, but as I'm not listed as an Exporter on the MPI Exporter Register, does this still mean that only the very few can send overseas.

thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uh huh ...... we had a big discussion with MPI last week.   The outcome was that the left hand wasn't quite sure what the right hand was doing, and that the whole shemozzle is a work in progress.

If you only do one or two batches a year, just pick one of those.  I guess the business address of the exporter in this instance would be your home address.  Try your apiary registration number as you

For most exports you have an exporter number. It isn’t anything to do with mpi. This used to be called the casper code / number. I was issued with one years ago at no cost it is managed by customs for

If you only do one or two batches a year, just pick one of those.  I guess the business address of the exporter in this instance would be your home address.  Try your apiary registration number as your export number, will they be any the wiser?  

Why should there be a limit of 2kg?  Seriously.  Looks like MPI are running the beekeeping industry.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BY Bees said:

I just read through the updated GREX and still no the wiser if I can send a couple of jars of honey overseas to family.  I'm a RMP operator listed to extract/pack etc for EU etc but we are  not Exporters. 

Grex definition of export is    export means conveying bee products overseas for reward or for the purposes of trade;, so I assume that me wanting to send parcel of honey to family as a gift is not an export.   

But later on in the GREX document 4.5.3 When a transfer document is not required. states that 

(3) A transfer document is not required for parcels of bee products that are sent from a premise to a postal or courier service, providing all the following requirements are met:

a) the parcel is less than or equal to 2 kilograms in weight

b) addressed to a private individual

c) be clearly labelled on the outside with the Exporter ID and business address of the exporter

d) clearly labelled on the outside with either of the following:

i) the unique batch number and product identification of the honey being exported; or

ii) the source transfer document number of the honey being exported.

I can meet (a), (b) & (d) i, but as I'm not listed as an Exporter on the MPI Exporter Register, does this still mean that only the very few can send overseas.

thanks

For most exports you have an exporter number. It isn’t anything to do with mpi. This used to be called the casper code / number. I was issued with one years ago at no cost it is managed by customs for import export entries 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, yesbut said:

This is all a bit over the top I reckon. What's wrong with sticking a pottle in a parcel, labelling it a "gift" and shoving it in the bag at the local postshop ???

Postshops refusing to accept that now

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, ChrisM said:

For most exports you have an exporter number. It isn’t anything to do with mpi. This used to be called the casper code / number. I was issued with one years ago at no cost it is managed by customs for import export entries 

thanks for that, I think I have one of those codes, we imported a piece of machinery from China a few years ago and had to get an importer number to facilitate through customs etc, might give that a go