Ha, there yah go.    

Love.  Love is funny thing.  

The first time was in New Zealand .   

Fell in love with a landscape of wide rivers and tall mountains , frosty nights and warm days , woodsmoke and horse sweat, and the late night run's up the Inland road in the old Fiat for fish'n'chips and ice cream in kaikoura.

And then  later with  a girl in the Himalaya .  Following  her ankles for a month on a tortuous trail through the western mountains as they beckoned suductively below her sari.  Alas, she was faster than me and we parted company with a smile.

I met the missus as we eyeballed each other across the truck deck one summer carting hay, and it produced some boys.

The first boy  finished school as Covid struck, and works part time at home as the job opportunities have been  pretty slim. Love eh.

And as I watched Trev the other day doing his valedictory cast as he retired from Trev's Bees, I couldn't help but think he had a tear in his eye as he said 'Goodbye'.

Such is love.

And as the fire glows, the dog farts and I have a quiet night for thought ..... I think of the challenge ahead , and of Bruce's article in the Advocate, that we are all facing challenging times .....

And that perhaps, when all seems lost, love keeps us motivated.

The love of  the sound of the turbo on  500 horses hauling bees west in the dead of night.

The clashing of cymbals

The love of the warm sun in the early spring , the  twitter of the Bell bird and the hum of the honey bee.

And such is the  love of the adrenalin when you crack the lid in January to see if Father Christmas came to visit.

Uh huh. I guess we'll give love another go,

For what is  a world without ?

• Like 4
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha, there yah go.       Love.  Love is funny thing.   The first time was in New Zealand .    Fell in love with a landscape of wide rivers and tall mountains , frosty nights and war

Has the speights man gone all soppy, you been drinking craft beer.

I don't think it's the water.