42 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

When I log into the forum, I always check whose on line.  One of those companies has a lurker who never posts, but just watches.  That's what I call a gutless wonder.  They are political people, and political people only back who they think are a winner at a specific point and time.  

People like that don't care what distress they cause to others.  The fact that they state that we are an industry who cares, is a heap of bull ####

By crikey Maggie you tell em.. 

actually since the forum upgrade I’ve not been able to see who is online , used to be right at the bottom of the page where is it now? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just watched the big expose on TV one about roundup in manuka honey. Man they must be short of news to put on such a anti roundup biased piece of garbage. No mention of other honey types which

What a blatant piece of advertising from purity to the detriment of every beekeeper in New Zealand. As for some of the crap from the other beekeeper . Saying that hives have died from roundup poisonin

If I had any doubts about television journalism then I have no longer. I just read an article on the TV one News online about how an incest repellent may help protect you from covid . I'm not sur

Posted Images

I guess being outspoken can hurt the bottom line. I sometimes.lol. consider what I am expressing prior to posting.  My draft might sit there awhile, while I do some personal processing. Sometimes it's deleted.

Is a potential buyer going to avoid me?? You just don't know how everyone is connected.

You don't have to log in to be a lurker. There could be lots of potential buyers lurking forming opinions about us out in the wild.

Maybe you ought to be logging in to view anything? Could tempt me to pay a sub for some protection. 

Or we all need to come out into the wild..

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

By crikey Maggie you tell em.. 

actually since the forum upgrade I’ve not been able to see who is online , used to be right at the bottom of the page where is it now? 

When you are on the forum page, it's the v bottom right, as opposed to bottoms up!

If I had any doubts about television journalism then I have no longer.

I just read an article on the TV one News online about how an incest repellent may help protect you from covid . I'm not sure if they were talking about an insect repellent or the fact that it tends to spread to family members .

• Haha 9
20 minutes ago, john berry said:

If I had any doubts about television journalism then I have no longer.

I just read an article on the TV one News online about how an incest repellent may help protect you from covid . I'm not sure if they were talking about an insect repellent or the fact that it tends to spread to family members .

Top marks for the best post all week!

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, john berry said:

A quick check on their website this morning shows that it was indeed insect that they meant. Funny how the correction didn't take 20 working days and I didn't even have to make an official complaint.

I suggest you include your little story in your Colonies Report, copy due 1 Sept.  That's for the Oct edition to the 8 or 9 thousand registered beekeepers in NZ.  There's always more than one way to skin a cat!  

23 hours ago, Gino de Graaf said:

I guess being outspoken can hurt the bottom line. I sometimes.lol. consider what I am expressing prior to posting.  My draft might sit there awhile, while I do some personal processing. Sometimes it's deleted.

Is a potential buyer going to avoid me?? You just don't know how everyone is connected.

You don't have to log in to be a lurker. There could be lots of potential buyers lurking forming opinions about us out in the wild.

Maybe you ought to be logging in to view anything? Could tempt me to pay a sub for some protection. 

Or we all need to come out into the wild..

unlike you Gino I tend to mouth off first before thinking too hard.

i also wonder if it’s bitten us in the bum at times.

Thing is if we don’t speak up nothing changes and others don’t know about what’s going on in the industry.

I have a user name rather than my own but people who know me know my forum name and every now and then I get a remark about being a bit Bolshy.

Ive always been opinionated I’ve tried to tame it somewhat but actually seem to get worse as I get older.
I don’t care what people think about my opinions , the way I look , the way I dress or anything really which can mean that I don’t hold back as much as I should :) .

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

unlike you Gino I tend to mouth off first before thinking too hard.

i also wonder if it’s bitten us in the bum at times.

Thing is if we don’t speak up nothing changes and others don’t know about what’s going on in the industry.

I have a user name rather than my own but people who know me know my forum name and every now and then I get a remark about being a bit Bolshy.

Ive always been opinionated I’ve tried to tame it somewhat but actually seem to get worse as I get older.
I don’t care what people think about my opinions , the way I look , the way I dress or anything really which can mean that I don’t hold back as much as I should :) .

I'm much the same, but as I get older, the people I see as the biggest problem are the fence sitters - I am happy to be on the opposite side of someone opinion wise, but those who don't often express an opinion often to me are the problem - they are means by which things happen, and then everyone works out the effect that it is going to have.

I also have the covid kilo problem as the new season starts, so hear you with the back problem, and unlike John Berry, would look like a particularly extreme balloon in a back brace, not a good look.

• Like 2

Same here, a herniated disk in my lower back many years ago plus constant bending over broodnests for years has left my back where bending over hives for any length of time can leave me in a fair bit of pain, so now if it's stuff that can take a few minutes like finding queens or whatever I do it sitting on a box as below. Looks slow and maybe is but for me not as slow as screwing my back.

This pic taken yesterday helping a hobbyist mate turn his 2 hives into 4, had to find the queens in 2 strong double broodbox hives, make the splits, and put a queen in the 2 queenless units.

sitting on box.JPG

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Emissary said:

Another company selling on the glyphosate free ticket......

not necessary to put it like that.

Since this article came out and there has been a backlash, it is therefore only sensible that all beekeepers who can put up a defence to the article would do so. Essentially a further cost levied on all beekeepers.

1 hour ago, Emissary said:

Another company selling on the glyphosate free ticket......

https://www.manawahoney.co.nz/worried-about-glyphosate-in-your-honey/

"So, when we enquired about how our honey fared in the testing for this weed-killer, it was of no surprise to us that MPI tests found no traces of glyphosate in our honey.

You know you can trust our honey so…"

I gave these guys some help when they first starting out, they based in Ruatahuna and I mean this with respect, I doubt there's ever been a carton of weed killer been spotted in Ruatahuna. Lovely spot in the middle of the Te Urewera's between Murapara and Lake Waikaremoana, always came home with a passenger seat filled with venison.

If I am interpreting them properly they are saying that someone once tested one sample of there honey and it was negative for roundup therefore all their honey is negative for roundup .I hope they don't have the same attitude to tutin or STDs.

• Haha 1

I don't fish where there is run off, that I think could be glyphosate loaded

And I try not to buy processed foods.  Fortunately the whanau are hunter gatherers, so that solves the meat issue

Meanwhile in Leeston, my shallots, spinach, silverbeet, cauli, brocooli, lettuce, beans, onions, carrots, herbs, capscisums look magnificent.