58 minutes ago, David Yanke said:

Nice try at putting a positive spin on the News Story, and your involvement in it. You were either very foolish, or very self-serving  to let yourself get involved. 

There can be no positive spin put on that story- it was damaging, and has come at a time when we can least afford Own Goals.

someone is always going to reply. it could have been much worse. i think they did a reasonable job.

we all know this is nothing more than mongrel greenies leveraging the honey industry for their own gain.

however the more you protest about it the more guilty you look.

just be careful your own defence over it doesn't fuel it even more.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just watched the big expose on TV one about roundup in manuka honey. Man they must be short of news to put on such a anti roundup biased piece of garbage. No mention of other honey types which

What a blatant piece of advertising from purity to the detriment of every beekeeper in New Zealand. As for some of the crap from the other beekeeper . Saying that hives have died from roundup poisonin

Whilst we're being clear, it would be great if you could clarify yours and your company's position on the following:   What are your limits of detection for glyphosate? Who is the indep

Posted Images

I've seen some rubbish spouted on this forum over the years. Some stuff on this thread takes the cake. I've just watched the segment. Dunno what you're all complaining about. MPI might be quite pleased to be described as greenies. 

44 minutes ago, yesbut said:

MPI might be quite pleased to be described as greenies. 

MPI are a side party to this one.  this is simply the greenie anti-roundup crowd using us and mpi to get govt to ban it.

greeenies have no problem putting other peoples head on the chopping block. its not like they will ever have anything to risk.

• Agree 3

In the past we have been told that everything is safe from x-rays to licking your paintbrush when painting luminescent dials on watches. Agent orange was harmless along with thalidomide, DDT, lead in petrol, lead in paint, asbestos,tobacco, giving women the vote et cetera.

Couple this with the fact that man is just a superstitious monkey who is still afraid of the dark , the bogeyman and Democrats and you end up with a large percentage of the population who will believe anything they are told.

Even those who try and be rational will have that little doubt in their head after watching that news item. After all, safe things have turned out to be deadly so many times. 

So far the evidence suggests that roundup is just as deadly(but not as tasty) as red meat and Red wine.

Profit at all costs and damn the science is a dangerous thing but so is pseudoscience scaremongering . 

There are some people out there with an agenda. Don't blame me when you wake up one day to find that gluten-free toast without honey from those poor enslaved bees is the highlight of your culinary day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, john berry said:

Don't blame me when you wake up one day to find that gluten-free toast without honey from those poor enslaved bees is the highlight of your culinary day.

Having tried gluten-free toast with and without honey on it, I find chewing on my old varroa strips more nutritional with the benefit of keeping me worm free I hope. 

And I wake up this morning to a Facebook feed from ATA regenerative leading with a picture of a dead bee.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and actually read the whole article. The video interview is actually quite interesting and a bit scary although once again it's really hard to tell what's pseudoscience and what's real. The whole thing is some pretty effective scaremongering. I really hope they are wrong , I don't have the background and knowledge to judge how much of it is factual except when they are talking about bees and in this they are 100% wrong which does nothing for their credibility.

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, john berry said:

I wake up this morning to a Facebook feed

You did what? 

Seems to me you only have yourself to blame :) 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, john berry said:

And I wake up this morning to a Facebook feed from ATA regenerative leading with a picture of a dead bee.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and actually read the whole article. The video interview is actually quite interesting and a bit scary although once again it's really hard to tell what's pseudoscience and what's real. The whole thing is some pretty effective scaremongering. I really hope they are wrong , I don't have the background and knowledge to judge how much of it is factual except when they are talking about bees and in this they are 100% wrong which does nothing for their credibility.

That's a heavy read. Those deformed babies look sad.

It's a world of misinformation to suit a cause. Need to weed through it. 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, Boot said:

No - Everyone I have talked to (outside of the industry) that saw the news article seemed to have interpreted it quite sensibly. The one thing they picked up on was that even if you consumed hundreds of kg in one day you would still be at WHO safe levels. Even the 20% of tested store samples showing trace residue Glyphosate were all determined perfectly safe and below the very extreme safety WHO levels. So the real story was that New Zealand honey is so clean compared to other parts of the world that Every store sample tested was perfectly safe. Only 20% showed any trace and were so far below WHO safety levels you would need to eat Hundreds of kg in one day to even hit the WHO minimum safety level. 

Extract and link to TVNZ article. The story headlines with, 

It’s causing massive problems' - Beekeeper says nothing can be done to stop NZ bees picking up traces of weed-killer glyphosate | 1 NEWS | TVNZ
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/s-causing-massive-problems-beekeeper-says-nothing-can-done-stop-nz-bees-picking-up-traces-weed-killer-glyphosate

The article comes across as alarmist, when it uses words like "causing massive problems"

With others following up on the article.

Glyphosate in New Zealand Manuka Honey - a stark warning!
https://ata.land/glyphosate-new-zealand-manuka-honey-warning/?fbclid=IwAR1fK2lkJ18TuhO8xGW0-WcYAHFx5X8IqI39h0kbXcRikfUAbUaZ3osnc8s

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Thankyou Nice read with honey and toast.

@jamesc  make sure you don't spread tons of honey on your toast and be sure that you don't burn the toast either, as burnt food is a carcinogen.👍

9 hours ago, StephenP said:

Extract and link to TVNZ article. The story headlines with, 

It’s causing massive problems' - Beekeeper says nothing can be done to stop NZ bees picking up traces of weed-killer glyphosate | 1 NEWS | TVNZ
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/s-causing-massive-problems-beekeeper-says-nothing-can-done-stop-nz-bees-picking-up-traces-weed-killer-glyphosate

The article comes across as alarmist, when it uses words like "causing massive problems"

With others following up on the article.

Glyphosate in New Zealand Manuka Honey - a stark warning!
https://ata.land/glyphosate-new-zealand-manuka-honey-warning/?fbclid=IwAR1fK2lkJ18TuhO8xGW0-WcYAHFx5X8IqI39h0kbXcRikfUAbUaZ3osnc8s

To scared to go out side and to scared to go inside. Houses we live in are toxic and also the veges and meat we eat and the water we drink, beds got bugs and now  foaming detergents are bad so you can't wash. Tv and computers will blind you (sorry, that masturbation, cant see the text properly)make your eyes tired and cloths washing are killing turtles. When I drive to work I'm killing myself and the world with car fumes and a hazard to bikes (don't get me started) I'm getting skin cancer from the sun and not getting enough vitamin D when I cover up, I'm a 1 percent-er because I keep bees for money by factory farming methods, and worst of all I'm a middle age white male baby boomer.

So I have decided to get a sun tan and cut my penis off and stick it to my head and become a transgender unicorn and sleep in the open, not paddocks because they are evil, and smother myself with bees and become a bee whisperer where the bees will be my only clothing and only meet with other like minded unicorns that eats, roots, and leaves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dennis Crowley said:

So I have decided to get a sun tan and cut my penis off and stick it to my head and become a transgender unicorn and sleep in the open, not paddocks because they are evil, and smother myself with bees and become a bee whisperer where the bees will be my only clothing and only meet with other like minded unicorns that eats, roots, and leaves.

post pics

• Haha 1

Still working on the Covid shed project here  and recite daily the mantra  ....Measure twice, cut once.... and I in doubt, don't cut.   So @Dennis Crowley .... before you cut, measure twice  and could you report back before the heamaorage , not on the measurement, but on progress with APINZ's marketing endeavours.

I been reading a Bayleys brochure this evening that I rescued from the fire. It had an article about Meat and Lambs marketing  entitled the Taste Pure Nature campaign.

Google it and find the video ..... had something like 150 million hits in California.

Food for thought in your recuperation !

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jamesc said:

So @Dennis Crowley .... before you cut, measure twice  and could you report back before the heamaorage , not on the measurement, but on progress with APINZ's marketing endeavours.

I’d say Dennis is in deep conversation with Dr Whiskey after all that sunbathing, killing turtles and transgender unicorns.. 

your best bet for ApiNZ updates is to sign up, you’ll get an email every couple of days keeping you up to date with the big bad world. 

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’d say Dennis is in deep conversation with Dr Whiskey after all that sunbathing, killing turtles and transgender unicorns..

Do you think whiskey is the prob?  The lack of vit D is easily fixed.  Get a prescription from the GP when stocking up on other medicinals. Counselling is high on the govt's priority list.  

I think I will stick to Lewis Carroll

Edited by Maggie James
16 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

Do you think whiskey is the prob?  The lack of vit D is easily fixed.  Get a prescription from the GP when stocking up on other medicinals. Counselling is high on the govt's priority list.  

I think I will stick to Lewis Carroll

Nope... I don’t think whiskey is a problem at all, except when the bottle is empty

• Haha 2