Any body heard about the conference next month

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Nick, It will be a bit difficult for you to stand as President if you don't get notification of the AGM.     You were a very good President, with Richard as VP, of the NBA, so I am sure

If nominated, I will not stand; if elected, I will not serve.  (No, those aren't my words, but the sentiment is there.)   Richard Bensemann was the best vice president one could ever expect

We all do.  He was a funny man & saw the impish funny side of many things; particularly those who took themselves far too seriously.  

Here is all the information:

WAIKATO BRANCH –  New Zealand Beekeeping Inc

MINI CONFERENCE REGISTRATION

Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd August 2020

Wairakei Resort Taupo 640 Wairakei Drive, Taupo 3379 

Company Name _________________________________________________________________________________
Attendee Name (1) _______________________________________________________________________________
Attendee Name (2) _______________________________________________________________________________
Address _______________________________________________________________________________________
City ______________________________________________      Phone ____________________________________
Email __________________________________________________________________________________________
Dietary Requirements (1) ________________________________ (2) ______________________________________

MINI CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
(GST Inclusive)12NZB MemberNon-MemberTotal

Friday 21 August 2020, 9.00am – 5.00pm

Registration includes Attendance and Catering

$80
EARLY BIRD $110
EARLY BIRD  Roast Dinner (3 course) - Friday 21 August 2020  

$50 per person

$50 per person  Saturday 22 August 2020, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Registration includes Attendance and Catering  

$80

EARLY BIRD

$110
EARLY BIRD 

Sunday 23 August 2020, 9.00am – 4.00pm
NZ Beekeeping Inc Annual General Meeting (Members Only)  Free to members 

Membership to NZ Beekeeping Inc  https://nzbeekeeping.co.nz/member-registration/
Completing the member registration will recognize your status as a member to attend the Mini Conference and AGM.  We wish to represent the views of Members based on Hive Numbers: $1 per Hive, Min $50.00 to Max $3000.00 (excl GST)

RSVP for Catering PLEASE by Friday 7 August 2020
Payments after this date will incur a late penalty fee in addition to the fees above as the venue needs to be paid 14 days in advance.

$30

$50 

PAYPAL CREDIT CARD FEE (to add if paying by credit card.  Link on invoice sent by email)$5.00

TAX INVOICE:  GST 119-610-303                      TOTAL PAYMENT (GST Included) 

Request PDF copy or complete and send form to: nzbeekeepingconf@gmail.com
Pay direct to Westpac 03 1556 0180638 01 - Reference on payment (Full Name or invoice number)
Accommodation:  Contact Venue Direct (0800 737678, www.wairakei.co.nz)

Sponsors - if you have not yet expressed an interest in attending this event as a sponsor please contact us at nzbeekeepingconf@gmail.com for more info.

MINI CONFERENCE

Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd August 2020

9.00 am – 5.00pm       AGM Sunday 23rd August 2020

Wairakei Resort Taupo
640 Wairakei Drive, Taupo 3379

“BEEKEEPING, BIOSECURITY, ECONOMICS, SCIENCE” FOR BEEKEEPERS

Hot Topics Including:

Adulterated Honey – the issues, effects on export
Achieving Premium Prices for Honey
Honey Characterisation Project
The Value of Honey Characterisation for Beekeepers
Manuka Maori Trust and how they are Protecting the word “Manuka”
Health & Safety – workplace safety if marijuana is legalized
Exotic Surveillance
Managing our Business ‘on little or no money’
AFB PMP – future operation
ApiWellbeing Project – What is it?
Beekeeping Products – contaminants, how to stop them getting into our products
Pollination – Bees Under Nets

An Invitation to All Beekeepers – Everyone Welcome

Plenty of Opportunity for Questions… and More!

Interactive Practical Beekeeping Sessions

Supporter Displays & Information

MINI CONFERENCE REGISTRATION

1 hour ago, NickWallingford said:

As I am a member of NZ Beekeeping Inc, I would have hoped that I, too, might have received this registration...

Well Nick, It will be a bit difficult for you to stand as President if you don't get notification of the AGM.  

You were a very good President, with Richard as VP, of the NBA, so I am sure President of Beekeeping Inc is well within your capabilities!   

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

That is my second notification that I have received from NZ Beekeeping Inc.

Same for me, I had two notifications and I am not a member.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Maggie James said:

Well Nick, It will be a bit difficult for you to stand as President if you don't get notification of the AGM.  

You were a very good President, with Richard as VP, of the NBA, so I am sure President of Beekeeping Inc is well within your capabilities!   

If nominated, I will not stand; if elected, I will not serve.  (No, those aren't my words, but the sentiment is there.)

Richard Bensemann was the best vice president one could ever expect to have.  I miss his good humour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, NickWallingford said:

If nominated, I will not stand; if elected, I will not serve.  (No, those aren't my words, but the sentiment is there.)

Richard Bensemann was the best vice president one could ever expect to have.  I miss his good humour.

We all do.  He was a funny man & saw the impish funny side of many things; particularly those who took themselves far too seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I remember Richard as a school kid. In fact it was me that introduced him to beekeeping, i remember being asked to his parents house for sunday lunch, which was really cos the parents wanted to know who i was, and what this new interest in beekeeping was all about that Richard had acquired. It was decided at that lunch that I would ask at Bray and Gossett if Richard could have a school holiday job, they agreed, so Richard came out to Leeston and stayed with me and did a few weeks work for B&G.

Both Jaspur and Arthur took a liking to him, Richard enjoyed the work, and the rest is history.

It was a shock to hear years later that he had died. Very sad, taken before his time.

Edited by Alastair
  • Good Info 1
  • Sad 1

The miniconference is being organised by the Waikato branch. Apparently the information should be out there but not everyone has received it for some reason . Hopefully this will be rectified over the next few days.