I have friends who have also treated a horse with  honey and it worked fantastic.

• Agree 1

I’ve also had more than a few pots of honey go to horse wounds round here. Always good feedback. 

• Agree 1

On 7/15/2020 at 8:25 PM, tristan said:

i hate to say it but there was a trail done which showed manuka was not good for treating leg ulcers. i have no idea why.

You referred to this trial earlier, but I am not sure of any reference.  Can you find any more info on the trial?  I'm not too sure how manuka honey is able to tell an arm from a leg...

7 minutes ago, NickWallingford said:

You referred to this trial earlier, but I am not sure of any reference.  Can you find any more info on the trial?  I'm not too sure how manuka honey is able to tell an arm from a leg...

Here's one. But looks like that there are other trials that seem to show success.

1-s2.0-S1743919115X00094-cov150h.gif
WWW.SCIENCEDIRECT.COM

A best evidence topic in vascular surgery was written according to a...

• Good Info 1

Posted (edited)

A few years ago I had a wisdom tooth removed and ended up with a dry socket which is quite unpleasant (seven on the male pain scale). The dentist plugged up the hole with some fibrous material. I don't remember what it was called but it had the taste, smell and texture that led me to believe it was probably made from the scrotal hair of an extremely old and unwashed bull camel . It fell out almost every night and you would wake up with a mouthful . During this time I was called up for a large search and rescue operation and had to get a jar of the stuff plus a pair of sort of bent tweezers and insert it in the hole myself. After several days in the bush it was still no better so I went back to my dentist and asked her to fill up the dry socket with manuka honey.

What a mistake.  The MPS went up to a nine for about half an hour.

Never had another moments trouble with it after that .

Edited by john berry
Talking to the cat using Dragon NaturallySpeaking
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, frazzledfozzle said:

Much better 

I took a photo but cant upload it cos it’s over the limit.

Nice .... screen shot the photo, then shrink🍺

2 hours ago, NickWallingford said:

i cannot remember where it was done. 

10 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

@john berry what’s MPS ?

2 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Male Pain Scale.

Its a pain scale that is recognized as the most painful and debilitating on earth, with incorporates such things a Man Flu and Testicular Blunt Force Trauma

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dennis Crowley said:

Its a pain scale that is recognized as the most painful and debilitating on earth, with incorporates such things a Man Flu and Testicular Blunt Force Trauma

100% correct.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, jamesc said:

Nice .... screen shot the photo, then shrink🍺

how do you shrink ?

37 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

how do you shrink ?

Dunno - Post covid level 4.  Let me know when you work it out!  I must admit I have tried the work out, but so far no good.  

• Haha 1

How do you shrink ...... give up booze for a month .... shrink yer photo ..... you can crop the screen shot on your phone .