Please Help !!!

Our land cruiser was stolen last night from penrose. 
rego CZS303
distinguishing features 
The tool box on the drivers side under the back of the tray has had the door ripped of and is just the box. 
We had the tray custom made and the sides are recycled kauri. 

please call The police if you see her driving around.  Or me on 0273504444(admin delete if not allowed) 

84CA5BCA-C71E-40D7-AAD5-078DC1C73D2B.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It appears even Crims can be good guys.  Our landi was delivered back to our mechanics today. Whoever dropped it off just parked it up and walked away without saying anything.  @jamesc how did

Well hot darn diggity dog .... our local cop is a gem . Acting on a tipoff , he made an arrest of a gate thief .Sounds like the beginning of a joke,  but no.   

So he did change the rego to him yesterday. Fortunately it was just as easy to change it back to me .😂😅  Best $9 I’ve ever spent

Posted Images

Please Help !!!

Our 2005 white land cruiser was stolen last night from penrose. 
rego CZS303
distinguishing features 
The tool box on the drivers side under the back of the tray has had the door ripped of and is just the box. 
We had the tray custom made and the sides are recycled kauri. 

please call The police if you see her driving around.  Or me on 0273504444(admin delete if not allowed) 

• Sad 4

Feel for you... and really hope it shows up. 

We had one stolen couple yrs back along with a fair bit of gear.. not ideal. Good luck. 

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Feel for you... and really hope it shows up. 

We had one stolen couple yrs back along with a fair bit of gear.. not ideal. Good luck. 

Thanks. I doubt we’ll see her again. It’s devastating. 

• yesbut featured this topic
1 hour ago, nikki watts said:

Thanks. I doubt we’ll see her again. It’s devastating. 

was this on the island , where are they going to go ?

Just now, kaihoka said:

was this on the island , where are they going to go ?

No. She was In Auckland about to be loaded up to come home tomorrow.

We’d just spent 1k getting her serviced  for the new season. 
Wouldn’t happen here, the occasional car gets ‘borrowed’ but they usually return it the following day with a box of beers. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, nikki watts said:

No. She was In Auckland about to be loaded up to come home tomorrow.

We’d just spent 1k getting her serviced  for the new season. 
Wouldn’t happen here, the occasional car gets ‘borrowed’ but they usually return it the following day with a box of beers. 

thats just terrible

you must be feeling sick to your stomach and shattered.

is it insured.?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

thats just terrible

you must be feeling sick to your stomach and shattered.

is it insured.?

Yep it’s insured. Will have to wait and see what the insurance company says about a payout. It was customised with larger tray and extra springs so we could take our honey boxes to extraction.
we’re still trying to get hold of cctv footage that may identify the culprits. 
The police think it will be either in parts or tucked away on a bush block by now.  

Edited by nikki watts
  • Sad 2

I have a tracker fitted to all my vehicles. Relatively inexpensive if you choose a mongoose with a warehouse mobile SIM card.

Also I know it doesn't help for now, but make sure your insurance gives you a guaranteed value. This can be mutually agreed each year. I always do this to exceed any outstanding finance plus the excess. So as an example a vehicle I buy for 30k is insured for 35k with that value agreed in a total loss scenario.

• Good Info 1
15 minutes ago, Grant said:

I have a tracker fitted to all my vehicles. Relatively inexpensive if you choose a mongoose with a warehouse mobile SIM card.

Also I know it doesn't help for now, but make sure your insurance gives you a guaranteed value. This can be mutually agreed each year. I always do this to exceed any outstanding finance plus the excess. So as an example a vehicle I buy for 30k is insured for 35k with that value agreed in a total loss scenario.

Yep. Good advice. I didn’t organise the insurance so fingers crossed that’s what they did. 

Interesting .... lotsa damaged  70series bits listed on trade me yesterday ..... from Australia .

Posted (edited)

We been given a tip that the landi could be in a church yard in mangere being loaded into a container to be sent to the pacific islands in the next few days, there’s supposed to be 7-8 containers being sent.  Do any auck beeks have any idea where this yard might be ?? 

Edited by nikki watts
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nikki watts said:

We been given a tip that the landi could be in a church yard in mangere being loaded into a container to be sent to the pacific islands in the next few days, there’s supposed to be 7-8 containers being sent.  Do any auck beeks have any idea where this yard might be ?? 

Good luck .

I hope you track it down .

Edited by kaihoka
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kaihoka said:

Do any auck beeks have any idea where this yard might be ?? 

Nikki - R U a member of ApiNZ?  A couple of years ago they set up a liaison with NZ Police for stolen hives.  Maybe they could contact their Police connection

Maybe Dennis Crowley would know who to contact.  Instead of you contacting head office.  

Edited by Maggie James
13 hours ago, nikki watts said:

The "don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness" way of thinking for parishioners. 

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Maggie James said:

Nikki - R U a member of ApiNZ?  A couple of years ago they set up a liaison with NZ Police for stolen hives.  Maybe they could contact their Police connection

Maybe Dennis Crowley would know who to contact.  Instead of you contacting head office.  

Thanks yes we are members I’ll call them now. I called to local cop shop and the office assigned the job doesn’t start until 1pm..... 😔 

no answer at ApiNZ 😔 had to leave a message 

Edited by nikki watts
1 hour ago, Dennis Crowley said:

The "don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness" way of thinking for parishioners. 

At the risk of being politically incorrect.....

"It is better to give than receive."

• Haha 1

Hi Nikki - I sent your thread through to Karin Kos.  KK has emailed me - Her NZ Police contact is onto it now - he can't promise anything, but can put some pressure on.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maggie James said:

Hi Nikki - I sent your thread through to Karin Kos.  KK has emailed me - Her NZ Police contact is onto it now - he can't promise anything, but can put some pressure on.  

Thanks. I’m really grateful. We think there’s a good chance it’s  sitting in a container at ports of Auckland now. There’s 305 out of 500 sitting there waiting to be loaded. Customs need more info before they Open any to check apparently there is no one who opens container doors and checks what you’ve put on the paperwork is correct. 

Edited by nikki watts
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, nikki watts said:

Customs need more info before they Open any to check apparently there is no one who opens container doors and checks what you’ve put on the paperwork is correct. 

Seriously? And I guess sniffer dogs can't delineate between stolen or kosher stuff.  

If your vehicle is there, it's probably not the only hot one.  

5 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

Seriously? And I guess sniffer dogs can't delineate between stolen or kosher stuff.  

If your vehicle is there, it's probably not the only hot one.  

Yes I’d say this is organised crime 

1 hour ago, nikki watts said:

apparently there is no one who opens container doors and checks what you’ve put on the paperwork is correct. 

Sounds like the Covid testing for Thelma and Louise.

Sorry to hear of your loss.