Dreaming Big.

Mr Boot has asked several times for my marketing strategy for selling honey to the world.

In the the predawn quiet of mid winter a gentle snow falls in the foothills of New Zealands Southern Alps.

The log burner simmers.  

The coffee brews . 

And  the old kitchen  is lit by the glow of  the computer screen that allows me to  communicate with the world.....  google searching trails of names and jobs and connections that unearth people of influence in far flung corners of the world.

It is that quiet time of reason and thought .....

The dream is a story of the people of Aotearoa , The Beekeepers, , The farmers, the Families ..... the people with the passion to create and craft and market to the world a story that draws the customer in to become a part of that dream ..... to taste the buzz and the sweetness of the nectar from the mountain valleys, that is sold for money that feeds and clothes  and shelters  the people of the land  to raise their families in peace with full bellies ..... that the circle of life may go on.

And by choosing a jar of Honey from the far flung islands of the  earth and cracking the seal and dipping the spoon and savouring the sweetness and aroma and sharing the experience, the customer closes the circle and secures the  link in the chain that is Humanity. 

The Dream is Big, but as we all know, The world is round.

Edited by jamesc
  • Like 4
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a lot of money being invested in goat and sheeps milk. Local goat farm, milks 3000 will double production this spring - have built another 3000 goat operation almost next door to the fir

Last site upgraded for the year, hives like it way better 16 inches+ off the ground 😁

Dreaming Big.   Mr Boot has asked several times for my marketing strategy for selling honey to the world.   In the the predawn quiet of mid winter a gentle snow falls in the foothi

Posted Images

There must be something in the water up there

Edited by yesbut
40 minutes ago, yesbut said:

There must be something in the water up there

or maybe someone has jumped the gun with respect to the cannabis referendum.

• Haha 2

Uh huh .... the water is good. Very good .....it needs to be bottled.

My understanding is that much mid Canty water is bottled for export, cos it is the best in the world.  In fact the quality of this water, and the amount exported has been a v contentious issue in this area.  

We have just had a fortnight's solid rain, approx 1 hour of sunshine in that time, so the aquifers will be well & truly charged.  So export shouldn't be an issue, just what we need in these post covid times.  I need to go tomorrow & see if they have recharged in one of my apiaries, cos the aquifers have shifted post 2011.  

Maybe we could add a bit of pure mid Canty honey or beech dew to this wonderful Canty water createing a wonderful refreshing product.  Honey in water is supposed to be great as a sedative in boiling water for sleep at night or a nagging cough.  If you don't drink it, and it's still there in the a.m. it's great as a hair conditioner.

Have absolutely no idea, cos I am a beekeeper & not an IT consultant, I have got a dog in this post!  

image.png.9a91dac05f0c204f42f4cfa1730c126f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks a bit like my dog  Ted ..... not Uncle Ted.

But yes, the water here  comes out of the bush .....  it's not a bad brew ..... not as  potent as The Doctors brew .... but ..... in Dry July , it'll hit the spot !

I am glad it's Ted, cos the hound popped up & I couldn't delete it.  Obviously Ted knew he was meant to be here.  Hope that doesn't mean there's AFB on the forum site.  He's v persistent & refused to be removed

Ah yes, I have a dream ..... 

While trolling through the net in the early hours of this morning, somehow, somewhere I came across a facebook post.

It was put up by the lady who bought our North Island base camp a few months ago.

The comment was that  Beekeepers had owned the house previously and left honey ..... I left a box of a dozen Honey Dew as a house warmer.

She made it into Sheeps milk soap.

Must've been talking to Daly. 

I have half a dozen of the neighbours  poking  Perendales...... but a guy down the road milks sheep ..... we pollinated his radishes for nothing last summer ...... we might have a chat ...eh.

R Perendales top shelf sheep?  Would that have a premium built into the end price (the soap that is)?  

Or would honey or beech dew fed Perendales be a good idea for the table?  

Perendales are not top shelf sheep .  They always seem to prefer the neighbours winter feed  paddocks.

But back to milking sheep. ...... you need lotsa milk per. sheep .... they say it's good for many skin   conditions ..... excma, psoriasis ...... add a little honey dew and every lady in town can become a Cleopatra.

Hmm.  I would have to buy some black hair dye.  Or is there some eco friendly option, apart from shaving all my hair for this?  Perhaps I will just stick to wearing a black hat.  

12 hours ago, jamesc said:

Perendales are not top shelf sheep .  They always seem to prefer the neighbours winter feed  paddocks.

But back to milking sheep. ...... you need lotsa milk per. sheep .... they say it's good for many skin   conditions ..... excma, psoriasis ...... add a little honey dew and every lady in town can become a Cleopatra.

they reckon it's also the best milk for lattes, the drink of choice for hard working office types.

Up here they mainly use friesian sheep for milking - used to be a small stud over Waimauku way, but about five years ago, someone stole all the lambs soon after weening and pretty much beggared the plan.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:41 AM, ChrisM said:

or maybe someone has jumped the gun with respect to the cannabis referendum.

Nah that's me🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/1/2020 at 7:33 AM, jamesc said:

Dreaming Big.

Mr Boot has asked several times for my marketing strategy for selling honey to the world.

In the the predawn quiet of mid winter a gentle snow falls in the foothills of New Zealands Southern Alps.

The log burner simmers.  

The coffee brews . 

And  the old kitchen  is lit by the glow of  the computer screen that allows me to  communicate with the world.....  google searching trails of names and jobs and connections that unearth people of influence in far flung corners of the world.

The dream is a story of the people of Aotearoa , The Beekeepers, , The farmers, the Families ..... the people with the passion to create and craft and market to the world a story that draws the customer in to become a part of that dream ..... to taste the buzz and the sweetness of the nectar from the mountain valleys, that is sold for money that feeds and clothes  and shelters  the people of the land  to raise their families in peace with full bellies ..... that the circle of life may go on.

And by choosing a jar of Honey from the far flung islands of the  earth and cracking the seal and dipping the spoon and savouring the sweetness and aroma and sharing the experience, the customer closes the circle and secures the  link in the chain that is Humanity. 

The Dream is Big, but as we all know, The world is round.

Ok then - I am still not seeing a strategy or a unique story, benefit or key selling point?

31 minutes ago, Boot said:

Ok then - I am still not seeing a strategy or a unique story, benefit or key selling point?

And they say marketers have no souls.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, john berry said:

And they say marketers have no souls.

A touch harsh! Ha Ha

3 minutes ago, Boot said:

A touch harsh! Ha Ha

I thought Adam's comments were politer than my own thoughts. Sorry James. But if we take your thoughts -  and change a word or two . . . then I can imagine this is was Adam was getting at:

In the predawn quiet of mid winter a gentle snow falls in the foothills of *Andes*.

The log burner simmers.  

The coffee brews . 

The dream is a story of the people of *Chile (or Argentina)*, The Beekeepers, , The farmers, the Families ..... the people with the passion to create and craft and market to the world a story that draws the customer in to become a part of that dream ..... to taste the buzz and the sweetness of the nectar from the mountain valleys, that is sold for money that feeds and clothes  and shelters  the people of the land  to raise their families in peace with full bellies ..... that the circle of life may go on.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JohnF said:

I thought Adam's comments were politer than my own thoughts. Sorry James. But if we take your thoughts -  and change a word or two . . . then I can imagine this is was Adam was getting at:

In the predawn quiet of mid winter a gentle snow falls in the foothills of *Andes*.

The log burner simmers.  

The coffee brews . 

The dream is a story of the people of *Chile (or Argentina)*, The Beekeepers, , The farmers, the Families ..... the people with the passion to create and craft and market to the world a story that draws the customer in to become a part of that dream ..... to taste the buzz and the sweetness of the nectar from the mountain valleys, that is sold for money that feeds and clothes  and shelters  the people of the land  to raise their families in peace with full bellies ..... that the circle of life may go on.

My point exactly. Nesspresso have already done this story wonderfully for Coffee beens to capsules from South America - amazing natural landscapes and a human story. The same could apply to honey from the region. The story is great but not that special or unique to NZ. 

• Agree 1

Precisely ..... Third world countries ...... defined by the fact that their main export is agricultural commodities. And New Zealand is leading the charge.

Perhaps we need to learn how to live on $3.50 a day.

Anyway .... being Dry July , I'm a bit short on creative juice. You'll have to wait patiently til August.

• Haha 3