11 hours ago, Bens bees said:

Hey james tried to PM you but my account wont let me would be happy for you to trial one what's the address if I was to send one down will look into how to package it to ship  @jamesc

Hey Ben, just click on our profiles and you will see our phone numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so i dont post here much but i have done lots of reading over the years . during this covid break i had no work for a long period of time so had some time up my sleeve. over the last few

If it works beekeepers will definitely buy it.  With regards to hobbyists, same applies, they will buy it banding together, or maybe a club will purchase one to rent out to members.     If I

Yeah .... quite close to Auckland ..... Nah .

Posted Images

On 7/8/2020 at 10:01 PM, Alastair said:

Ben this somewhat similar device is selling for $2,700 Canadian

WWW.VMELIMINATOR.COM

Here's one even more similar to yours but I couldn't price it, but as memory serves it is over US 2k

So 

Looks mean, I would definitely give it a go, Iv been using the provap 220 for 3 seasons now but it is a bit slow.

• Like 1
On 6/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, olbe said:

If you have mesh floors and a vaporiser that pushes out a decent amount of vapor like the one shown you extend the nozzle and fit an elbow then just vaporise from below the mesh floor 

quick and effective , don't see a need to block anything. Not good for those plastic floors though.

Most commercials are turning to the pastic smart floors, ive put almost 300 out in the field, might have to make the end bit rounder so it can fit into a drilled hole in the front similar to the provap then plug it up with a cork once done.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:42 PM, Bens bees said:

Ok so i dont post here much but i have done lots of reading over the years .

during this covid break i had no work for a long period of time so had some time up my sleeve.

over the last few years ive developed a vaporiser for treating my bees here in new zealand i got sick of using a wand as it took to long

so developed a quick blow in system out of junk in my garage and a couple of parts from china. i re built it a few times during covid.

Then i decided to make 10 stainless steel units to sell to help make ends meet due to not having a job.

so here they are im hoping to sell them to people in the auckland end of nz so i can get feedback and discuss the operation of them.

If they work well i am thinking of setting up making them more often but need to see feedback first.

im looking at selling them for 800 each as they where quite a bit of work to make but they are fast treating the bees. and oxalic acid is cheap so i feel there worth it.

I had a friend who was using one of my older versions on his commercial operation (who wants to remain anonymous) and found that during the warmer months he would just use it to treat each apiary just after he worked it as a extra boost in conjunction with his strips and then he would do a full 3 hit treatment during mid winter and found that it helped keep the varroa down.

I only have 10 hives and i have never used strips in any of my hives, not for any major reason i just started with the vaporiser and haven't felt the strips where necessary.

here are picture's of the unit 

1159676968_20200615_154659(Medium).thumb.jpg.41a216ed1f8e33d06d500c6737a8a91b.jpg

102581790_20200615_154727(Medium).thumb.jpg.2070b7b973abecc78673ea7da248e0f9.jpg

and a video showing its operation

Accidentally i did leave out of the video the cleaning process. 

All i do to clean it is to poor water down into the chamber which melts any bits stuck inside and then poor it back out again. This also has the benefit of cooling down the device before putting it in the truck to go to the next spot.

How many hives can it do on one gas bottle? Also have you looked at a refill piece to full those little bottles up off a big bottle to save having to buy heaps especially if doing hunderds or thousands of hives?

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...