1 hour ago, JohnF said:

So, if marketing is now deemed to be an important activity for ApiNZ,

Just to be sure APINZ is marketing the NZ honey story as NZ honey is the best to buy. We not placing honey on shelves or endorsing any particular brand.

Sort of along the lines of the wine industry that lets individuals sell their own product but with the same messaging.

• Like 2
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi uncle @Ted  ,   I hope you had a nice day. The weather here has been great , and we finished wintering the bees at lunchtime.  I had a thought we go to the pub and celebrate. Instead

I used to work in Greenshell Mussel research. The structure, culture, strengths, weaknesses, profit margins and outlook of that industry were similar to what the bee industry presents today. To get ou

Hi Ted  It is complex, time-consuming and costly. The more value you want to achieve above market price then the more complex, time consuming and costly it becomes. When you look at this top

Posted Images

On 6/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, jamesc said:

Indeed Uncle @Ted  .... 

It all comes down to the point of difference .  All the Bullsht apart, maybe APINZ put that in as a research project .... why we Kiwi's want so much for our honey.  I know it's worth more,  we all know why it's  worth more ....  somehow we as an industry need  to quantify  that  and simplify it and put it into  a marketing spiel .

Perhaps the APINZ budget should hire some professional marketers to come up with something unique and launch it into the target market.

It's bit like the Aussie tourism ad ...... the Babe on the beach saying ....'Where the bloody hell are you ?'

Baby ... I'm here, trouble is all the jets are parked up in the desert.

Why do I want to go back to work ?   I enjoy it. The part I don't enjoy is not getting paid for it.

Explain why it is worth more? Cost of production does not make it worth more, it just means it cost more. 

• Agree 2

I tink you fishing for my marketing spin

I tink I fishing for your marketing spin

I tink we all going round in circles

looking for a win

Scared we all gonna end up in the waste bin.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, jamesc said:

looking for a win

I thought you were all for co-operation ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bighands said:

When it suits him.He never asked about a beesite I had at Kellys creek

Touche .....

Perhaps the Apiweb should have a function that goes red when sites registered push in on someone else .... 

I had hoped you might have come over last night for a Kanohi ...... 

And so it goes on .

Perhaps the industry should offer the likes of @HFK  a job ....

On 6/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, jamesc said:

looking for a win

I can assure you I have no interest in your marketing spin. My marketing approach can be seen in any product range I am involved with or develop. There is nothing hidden. Websites, imagery, PR, digital. It is all on the net for anyone to see. Or on the shelf in stores. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boot said:

I can assure you I have no interest in your marketing spin. My marketing approach can be seen in any product range I am involved with or develop. There is nothing hidden. Websites, imagery, PR, digital. It is all on the net for anyone to see. Or on the shelf in stores. 

Hmmm .... touch a nerve did we...?

12 hours ago, jamesc said:

Hmmm .... touch a nerve did we...?

Not at all. Pretty thick skinned when it comes to business. I was invited to comment and listed a set of questions as a starting point. The answers to those questions are your not mine. I have no need to know. You then have to determine the Who, what, where, when, why and how? Again this is for you, not me. It is your project. From this you will build an idea of market size (value) and cost of execution and cost of sustaining the marketing beyond initial execution. From this you will make the determination as to whether you believe the size of the market pie you are targeting x the value in your product x the amount you estimate you will sell = Cost justification. 

• Agree 1
On 6/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, jamesc said:

Good call. I like that phrase .....  cost Justification .  

Something along the lines of .. 'The more expensive it is, the better it must be '.

'The more expensive it is, the better it must be' is a concept that often requires a huge marketing budget to deliver results. 

• Like 1

Moving along here .....

We joined Federated Farmers many years ago when they had a Bee group.   I always thought it was a shame that the Bee industry  split from the Feds.  It cost us $400 a year and gave us access to a vast amount of knowledge and leverage within the agricultural sector.

We are still a part of The Feds, and each week receive via email a weekly bulletin. In this weeks bulletin  was a note about the wool industry, and how they are down in the doldrums, and how the Gvt has engaged with the wool industry create a working group to develop a strategic framework, to lift the profile and plan for the future.

If you change the wording slightly and swap wool for honey ..... watcha  got ?

20 hours ago, jamesc said:

2A1ABBE1-D8B1-4D5A-9F35-1587405A9635.jpeg

The NZ honey industry already takes raw honey and turns the product into a higher value consumer packaged item or mixes with other food ingredients to deliver a finished product. Some product will always go off shore for packaging or further conversion into food, drinks, cosmetics, medical devices, supplements, pet food etc