Posted (edited)

May is all done and dusted.

No new cases of covid 19 for last 9 days, and only 1 active case.

I ask. Why are we still in lock down?  I agree that the initial lock down was needed but it came 2 weeks too late.

The lock down is going on now just as a pure exercise in mind control.

Happy winter holidays (from the bees) everyone.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally my boys big enough to help do a job😁 one less thing for me to do, he smokes my hive I'm working then moves ahead of me smoking and he's really keen too, proud daddy moment

Maggie came up today to prep for her queen raising tutorial ....to be followed by a get together with whoever feels the urge to come out and chew the fat over some wild pork slow cooked on the spit.

We are told you are always never too old to learn. I never really appreciated that saying til yesterday when I attended Maggie's Queen tutoring session.   Thanks Maggie .  ..... insight

Posted Images

Yes thanks Trev happy winter holidays, we should be in Niue right now, hangin off a fishing rod.. Will most likely be heading to the West Coast for a sniff around, one of those follow your nose trips that just evolves as you go.

• Like 3

Saw a vehicle on the road yesterday, heading over the hill with a atv on thje back on top of that was a hind or stag. Coming over to shoot all our deer. !!!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bighands said:

Saw a vehicle on the road yesterday, heading over the hill with a atv on thje back on top of that was a hind or stag. Coming over to shoot all our deer. !!!

Just remind yourself "East is Least and West is Best".

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Bighands said:

When people drive round displaying their deer kill on bull bars, atv etc, are they saying look at me, look at me, look at me, or is there a very practical reason for it?

Bitterly cold day here.  Definitely not beekeeping weather

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Maggie James said:

When people drive round displaying their deer kill on bull bars, atv etc, are they saying look at me, look at me, look at me, or is there a very practical reason for it?

Bitterly cold day here.  Definitely not beekeeping weather

Not to many people want it on the back seat with the kids.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

@Stoney why not sink some of the planned Niue $$ into a West Coast bluefin tuna trip? Not sure if this is the time of year but it does look awesome. Colder than Niue but...

• Like 2

If my Dusky Sound trip is anything to go by, it'll swallow all the Nuie $$ and then some !

Killjoy. Sounds like you are running the campaign to stop local tourism 🤪

We went to Titirangi Bay instead of a tropical holiday this year. Tons of fishing, diving and relaxing on the beach. Cost a whole lot less than hopping on a plane. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, CHCHPaul said:

Killjoy. Sounds like you are running the campaign to stop local tourism 🤪

We went to Titirangi Bay instead of a tropical holiday this year. Tons of fishing, diving and relaxing on the beach. Cost a whole lot less than hopping on a plane. 

Don't tell anyone about that place !  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

@CHCHPaul agree totally, we do spend most of our time enjoying all the Sth island  has to offer.. my better half actually won the flights and accom through her work last year.. along with a trip to Hawaii.. both are on the back burner for now.. we were hoping the Islands would have been open for travel by now. 

Thinking if there’s any campers available might spend a few nights cooking dinner on a beach bonfire somewhere.

fishings off the radar for me til my arm has healed (sept) but the boy can do the winding😍

Edited by Stoney
  • Like 2
55 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@CHCHPaul agree totally, we do spend most of our time enjoying all the Sth island  has to offer.. my better half actually won the flights and accom through her work last year.. along with a trip to Hawaii.. both are on the back burner for now.. we were hoping the Islands would have been open for travel by now. 

Thinking if there’s any campers available might spend a few nights cooking dinner on a beach bonfire somewhere.

fishings off the radar for me til my arm has healed (sept) but the boy can do the winding😍

Nice winnings! I never win anything. 

I reckon the Islands will be open to Kiwis pretty soon. We should have them to ourselves which would be good. 

You should try and get ACC to pay for an electric fishing rod...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, JohnF said:

Long incubation period of COVID means the longer time at level 2. Not going to explain it here because it’s like apologies. As in, never apologise - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you. Sounds like COVID explanations too

If you believe it @JohnF then that is fine.  Simple numbers for me.  11 x 0 = 0.  Only 1 active case in all of NZ.  There is a 99.99% recovery rate in NZ.  22 deaths from 1500 case.

Really fairly simple number.  

• Like 2
On 1/06/2020 at 11:09 AM, Maggie James said:

It's to keep the meat cool. Especially pigs, as they go off quickly in warm conditions. However, I agree that bull bars aren't a suitable place to put carcasses on, in terms of public display.

(I hunt after deer, but haven't been out for some time. I would never display carcasses on the outside of my car like that.)

• Good Info 1

The weather is a fickle thing.   This week it  has changed  .....and all of a sudden the pressure is on to get the bees wrapped up.  Today was no exception, cold and wet , but great for taking honey off with no robbing .

The best part of the day was finding a bottle of wine on the loading bank in the yard.  It looks to be very expensive French , and had a cheap pie bag pulled over the top and a note scrawled in Biro ....' Happy B day ' ...... Nobody here has a Birthday ..... so B day ..... maybe they 'Borrowed 'some honey out of the shop . 

• Like 2

Took a drive over the hill today, as we do every day, to shift cattle breaks.....

5723C552-C3A6-415D-B17A-5138D0F43BA4.jpeg

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, jamesc said:

The yummy part for the heifers is the honey.... 120 kg every day...

B91195FD-51FC-4081-A9A9-11D78E3FF1ED.jpeg

@$8/kg!!!

I thought you were a bk who ran stock, now I see its the other way around 🙂

• Haha 2

$8/kg is cheap ..... was talking to a mate last night whom sold his crop for $112/kg . 

• Like 1