On 5/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, Maggie James said:

Bagged up all the poly frames yesterday into airtight plastic bags, then stuck them in the freezer for 48 hrs

Interesting. I thought you (that’s the royal ya) got them to build new comb each season because the tiny combs go so brittle.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes you do !   I for one don’t give a fig about someone’s spelling and I find it rather hurtful and rude  when people are pulled up on it. Some people can spell some can’t  ....does it

Maverick is the Common name for the chemical used in  apivar . I probably shouldn't have used it but I'm a bit dyslexic and my voice recognition software can spell Maverick but not (AP the). I really

haha yes ! i miss the capitals because I’m lazy and my iPad doesn’t automatically go to a capital on a new line.   My comment regarding being rude or hurtful wasn’t actually aimed at anyone in

37 minutes ago, CHCHPaul said:

Interesting. I thought you (that’s the royal ya) got them to build new comb each season because the tiny combs go so brittle.

I do build new comb at times each season.  But it makes life a lot easier early spring if you can recycle. 

Wax gets brittle in cold weather, and is easily broken.  Once they come out of the freezer, the bags are all stored in a shaded space in the shed; also avoiding being knocked & broken during winter.     

• Good Info 1