ApiNZ & the NZ Honey Story

ApiNZ in the membership blurb in the April "Beekeeper" note one of it's achievements as

" Securing significant Government funding to tell the NZ Honey Story on the world stage".

Is there an offshore publicity campaign of this name, or does it refer to general export promotion/marketing ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a lot of work lately on where NZ honey sits in the world. APINZ has gathered a group of mixed beeks packers markerters to further that NZ story. It is very interesting to see feedb

Not sure ... my phones been quiet for weeks .... Aaah , yeah , nah ..... I tell a lie.  The phone hasn't been quiet .... It's just that reception. at the end of the gully is non existent ....

Not sure ... my phones been quiet for weeks ....

Aaah , yeah , nah ..... I tell a lie. 

The phone hasn't been quiet .... It's just that reception. at the end of the gully is non existent ..... BUT .....

The honey market is moving..... very slowly .....  but it is moving. 

It has nothing to do with the ' New Zealand Story.' 

The exchange rate has become more favourable to overseas buyers and things are in the pipeline.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, yesbut said:

ApiNZ in the membership blurb in the April "Beekeeper" note one of it's achievements as

" Securing significant Government funding to tell the NZ Honey Story on the world stage".

Is there an offshore publicity campaign of this name, or does it refer to general export promotion/marketing ?

There has been a lot of work lately on where NZ honey sits in the world. APINZ has gathered a group of mixed beeks packers markerters to further that NZ story.

It is very interesting to see feedback from around the world as to what they think of NZ. With this information a plan of action going forward can be directed as NZ honey story targeted to markets etc.

If you look at the wine industry their organisation went out to the world with their story and the rest they say is history.

So the funding is helping with this project

16 hours ago, jamesc said:

The honey market is moving..... very slowly .....  but it is moving. 

It has nothing to do with the ' New Zealand Story.' 

Only moving for some at low level prices 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Info 2

I'd love to see some of those stories ..... do you have links to them ?

Low level prices .... depends who you are .

A lot of Non Manuka producers are used to low level prices .... probably started out when prices were ho hum, then rode the wave of 'To die for prices' , and are now back to scratching their heads as to where it all went wrong  and how to reconfigure the business to be able to  tread  the murky  water.

The expression I have liked this week is   60% of something is better than 100% of nothing.