Don't do this at home. OR ANYWHERE!

Removed hive mat and QE from hive #2 plus #3. Went out just now to see that they had all gone home and were settled.  Noticed hive #4 had gap under feeder. A frame wasn't pushed down properly. No suit. Tried to fix. 2 bees down boot nice big chomp to my thumb knuckle, and a bee caught in my hair trying for my ear.😲 Got suit. Fixed it and thought "how dumb!"  Yep you all keep telling me I will keep learning.🤣😂

P.S When I click onto this site, it takes me straight to beginners.  How do I make General my default.

20200508_170245.jpg

20200508_131111_copy_543x391.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder why when I log in it goes straight to beginners.  Not allowed to use that one now or Trev will tell me off.😭🤣😂   Did it!!! Yay! Proud old girl. I just went onto the General

Is this a beautifully decorated hive or a beautifully decorated edible cake?   

Removed hive mat and QE from hive #2 plus #3. Went out just now to see that they had all gone home and were settled.  Noticed hive #4 had gap under feeder. A frame wasn't pushed down properly. No suit

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, yesbut said:

I don't think you can. But you can still choose where your new topic goes....

I wonder why when I log in it goes straight to beginners.  Not allowed to use that one now or Trev will tell me off.😭🤣😂

3 minutes ago, Wildflower said:

I wonder why when I log in it goes straight to beginners.  Not allowed to use that one now or Trev will tell me off.😭🤣😂

37 minutes ago, yesbut said:

I don't think you can. But you can still choose where your new topic goes....

Did it!!! Yay!

Proud old girl. I just went onto the General topics page and tapped add to home screen. Might just add the home page to my home screen. Who cares.

I am no longer a nube.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Wildflower said:

So I have finally scared you into a good habit.  Fantastic.  Keep it up or I will have to send you to the naughty corner.  🤣🤣

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

So I have finally scared you into a good habit.  Fantastic.  Keep it up or I will have to send you to the naughty corner.  🤣🤣

Might like it. As long as naughty corner has some bee hives!😁

59 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

20200508_131111_copy_543x391.jpg

Is this a beautifully decorated hive or a beautifully decorated edible cake?   

Cake😊

Sadly 😭 today, my very first day as a non nube after beeing banned from posting in the beginner bee keeper forums (thanks Trev) I have been under coating some old boxes as part of my Winter clean up. I find myself using my hive tool to chip off mosaic flowers that are SO impractical. They get in the way of the lid, mouse excluders etc.  I am now aware of my restrictions and where I COULD place a flower if I wish? 

A big girl now. 😁 Must be sensible.

(Might though have a couple of bee stencils that are coming out tommorrow (thanks to Trev's wife)  and a couple of test pots of fancy metalic paint .🤫🤫🤫🤫

• Like 1

Might though have a couple of bee stencils that are coming out tommorrow (thanks to Trev's wife)  and a couple of test pots of fancy metalic paint .🤫🤫🤫

Yes, I noticed that teresa's stencils were sprayed onto your hives.

Well done with putting on your big girls cloths and taking my heavy had in the manner it was intended.

Keep asking the questions and you will still get plenty of help.

Being a non nubie now, does not mean the help disappears.

It has been a fun journey of the last five years.

• Agree 1
44 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yes, I noticed that teresa's stencils were sprayed onto your hives.

Well done with putting on your big girls cloths and taking my heavy had in the manner it was intended.

Keep asking the questions and you will still get plenty of help.

Being a non nubie now, does not mean the help disappears.

It has been a fun journey of the last five years.

Five years in november 😁 Still loving it despite the stings.

• Like 1

I find myself using my hive tool to chip off mosaic flowers that are SO impractical. They get in the way of the li

When I began my bee journey, a fellow nubee  painted her boxes as a 3 story bee hotel. Looked fantastic.

She later made the comment she had too much time on her hands....and that it was totally impractical as boxes move around and the picture was lost.

Time to explore different ways to make a bee home with flair

2 hours ago, Wildflower said:

A big girl now. 😁 Must be sensible.

not all the time........

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mummzie said:

When I began my bee journey, a fellow nubee  painted her boxes as a 3 story bee hotel. Looked fantastic.

She later made the comment she had too much time on her hands....and that it was totally impractical as boxes move around and the picture was lost.

Time to explore different ways to make a bee home with flair

not all the time........

I barely have a sensible bone in my body. That's why I took up Beekeeping as a hobby!! I 🤣🤣😂

• Haha 1