• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. They are available but not as a standard commercial item. You really need to make your own check out my video.

If you are going to get serious are wiring table with a foot operated clamp is the way to go. I can wire 60 full depth four wire frames an hour if I try hard and 50 if I'm taking it easy. Way back in

You could try asking at your local Men’s Shed. They are often keen to help with projects like this.  Find a shed near you | MENZSHED New Zealand Incorporated MENZSHED.ORG.NZ

Posted Images

If you are going to get serious are wiring table with a foot operated clamp is the way to go. I can wire 60 full depth four wire frames an hour if I try hard and 50 if I'm taking it easy. Way back in the day we used to do three wire frames and one of the guns could do 90 frames in an hour. The main thing is to get the wires really tight.

There is a photo of my wiring table in the May beekeeping journal. That one is about 25 years old and still working perfectly although I noticed the other day it had a few borer so I will dip it in the paraffin plant when the fire restrictions come off.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, john berry said:

If you are going to get serious are wiring table with a foot operated clamp is the way to go. I can wire 60 full depth four wire frames an hour if I try hard and 50 if I'm taking it easy. Way back in the day we used to do three wire frames and one of the guns could do 90 frames in an hour. The main thing is to get the wires really tight.

There is a photo of my wiring table in the May beekeeping journal. That one is about 25 years old and still working perfectly although I noticed the other day it had a few borer so I will dip it in the paraffin plant when the fire restrictions come off.

Thankyou. But I am only aiming at a max of 7 or 8 hives. Probably a bit over the top. I will look though. ?

I am just starting to collect too many good frames that need fixing. 

I have a nice little working area. Doing some under coating today.

20200508_171022_copy_2016x1512.jpg

its a valuable skill to have @Wildflower and worth persisting to learn. Try to develop competence quicker than me...you've got a few years. I'm still seriously inept.

At hobby level its easy and not bank-busting to just buy new- but not environmentally responsible.

• 6 months later...

Readdressing topic.

Drove 1 1/2 round trip to wire up 10 frames

NUTS! 

What is worse is that I managed to sprain not one, but both ankles jumping over a farm fence. ( when will I remember I am 60!) 

Anyway, still looking on line. None seem to have a tension wheel. Below is what I worked with today a rough board revamped. Can't find what I want on line. Any good handy men out there? Hapoy to pay good dollars.Just don't have the skills myself.

20201114_131549_copy_2016x893.jpg