I am looking for a wax melter, suitable for small business. I would like a Finlay type but they are more expensive than I can afford. Any recommendations please? I would be pleased to buy a used one if there is one available.

Thanks.

Edited by Aaron Andrews
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

better in the compost heap worms love it

Mix your slum gum with wood shavings & mould into fire lighters

Great, thanks @Trevor Gillbanks  Sorry I haven't seen the second vid. 

Hi @Trevor Gillbanks I enjoy watching your vids but I missed this one. Nice one. 

However, a suggestion if I may - have you thought of putting the wax cappings  into a muslin bag before putting it into the melter? That way you don't have to scoop out the dross, and there'd be less dross that's in the bucket. Prior to removing the bag you can hang it up part way in the melter to drain off any wax from the bag.

Just now, John T said:

Hi @Trevor Gillbanks I enjoy watching your vids but I missed this one. Nice one. 

However, a suggestion if I may - have you thought of putting the wax cappings  into a muslin bag before putting it into the melter? That way you don't have to scoop out the dross, and there'd be less dross that's in the bucket. Prior to removing the bag you can hang it up part way in the melter to drain off any wax from the bag.

Hi @John T There are 2 videos.

Yes I do use the muslin bag idea.  I does work reasonably.

I usually just scrape all the dross of with a sieve and dump it in a bucket.  When it has cooled I then render the last of the wax from this in my solar melter.