6 minutes ago, Philippa Thomas said:

Found and dealt with seven more nests today, and in the process saw bees working elaeagnus, even though the plants were shaded...it has a very pleasant perfume, a little like jasmine.

My vespex has arrived, after five days in transit.

how much did it cost? I think my last lot was ~$128 all up incl courier

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Philippa - I note you haven't had many posts on the forum.  Bet you didn't think that this would be such a controversial post.  Good on you for posting, and following through - very gutsy.  

l divide up my vespex into smaller containers when I get it and I store it in the beekeeping freezer. That way I only thaw a small amount for use and the rest stays good. I only use vespex or insect d

I prefer to poison wasps whenever possible but I also use top feeders as wasp traps quite successfully. When you have finished feeding the hives just leave the safety cover off and for some reason the

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Philippa Thomas said:

I got the 1.5 kg pail, plus 30 extra bait stations - courier was about $22. All up came to about $320. 

The wasps are taking it.

That is not cheap.  But if you start to get on top of those yellow and black begger's, then it is worth the cost.

• Agree 2
16 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

That is not cheap.  But if you start to get on top of those yellow and black begger's, then it is worth the cost.

I agree, it hurts to part with the dosh. But it should last for next season as well, so looking at it that way, it doesnt seem so bad. And the bait stations are a one-off. 

The public that enjoy the reserve bordering our land will also be glad to be free of the black beggars.

1 hour ago, Philippa Thomas said:

I agree, it hurts to part with the dosh. But it should last for next season as well, so looking at it that way, it doesnt seem so bad. And the bait stations are a one-off. 

The public that enjoy the reserve bordering our land will also be glad to be free of the black beggars.

Ouch...yellow and black

• Haha 1