11 minutes ago, Maru Hoani said:

It's not a new truck, it's a third hand bee truck😆 been doing a bit of work on it, its saved my back hard, wasnt too keen to get in debt so I just got what I could afford

Never mind all that where's a photo ?

• Haha 2
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And as I was cruising around the juice ran......   Anzac dawn Blood red sky Stand to yer post As a nation mourns   Anzac morning Nor'west breeze rustles an autu

Found this critter. Isn't it cool.

Over here in these two days I went through hives of 2nd apiary. The reason is strong unpleasant wind. This apiary is in sheltered spot so I was able to dig into hives.  All previous bad weather i

Posted Images

Day at home today, got all my end of year stuff done and emailed to the accountant. Awesome ☺️. Usually I'm worrying about it for months but hate the job so much I do something else instead. That new software I got made it a whole heap easier.

Other thing that happened was I looked out the kitchen window at the house next door which is a rental full of 20 somethings. Saw this kid standing on the deck with his hands behind his neck and just staring. Blank, thousand yard stare. Poor kid been locked up for nearly 2 weeks and looked bored witless.

So glad I'm allowed out for a couple of the things I do. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Still way too dry. And it's frustrating how farmers cut trees, and never plant new ones. Used to be a great spot for shady lunch.DSC_0530_copy_774x1376_1.thumb.jpg.bbfb3b2ede530ce2652d6a12a72886bb.jpg

DSC_0528_copy_774x1376.jpg

• Sad 3

In the old days when shade/shelter belts were in, cockies didn't mind soaking every animal in sight with various toxic brews. Now they have to keep chemical use to a minimum they can't allow gathering points for ticks, mites, worms etc so the shade trees have to go. That's apart from centre pivot needs and dairy farmers hatred of anything with a trunk. We're all on a hiding to nothing.

Edited by yesbut
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Still way too dry. And it's frustrating how farmers cut trees, and never plant new ones. Used to be a great spot for shady lunch.DSC_0530_copy_774x1376_1.thumb.jpg.bbfb3b2ede530ce2652d6a12a72886bb.jpg

some shelter belts are placed along the edge of fields with an open drain like this. In high winds the entire shelter belt can blow over because the drain is effectively a notch right beside them that the roots can't bridge. So they lose foundation stability on one side. Last winter several local shelter belts came down a bit like playing dominoes.  When you see a huge row of trees all laying down flat, it represents quite a bit of unnecessary extra work, not to mention any loss of shade.

Drains and trees/shelter belts are best kept separate to at least beyond the drip line.

fingers crossed for rain on wednesday.

• Like 1

Wiring frames all day and probably all week. Normally do this in winter but it's a good job to get over and done with.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Good luck with the Dew Sale.  Well done.

Another man needs commending on his hard work .... we just fill the drums!!

• Like 4

great to hear a bout the pending sale james, hope it goes though for you, 

i think i'll hold off on the shares for another month,

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, kevin moore said:

great to hear a bout the pending sale james, hope it goes though for you, 

i think i'll hold off on the shares for another month,

I think the timing of that request for investment might suggest they are having a bit of trouble......and I wouldn't think many investors would be keen to put $$ up for a 20% share which would result in little or no control over the company...

• Agree 2

What the heck is going on .... I got another enquiry for Dew .... price is back a bit on the $14/kg we were getting  .....  maybe the recession is coming to an end up this gully .  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jamesc said:

I see Ecrotek are offering 2 million one dollar shares.

We have a tentative order for a container of Export quality Honey Dew.

2 hours ago, jamesc said:

What the heck is going on .... I got another enquiry for Dew .... price is back a bit on the $14/kg we were getting  .....  maybe the recession is coming to an end up this gully .  

someone on facebook asking for dew for export too, someone suggested getting in touch with you in response

where did you get the ecrotek offer? i got an email with a survey, no share details though

Edited by tommy dave

The share offer is in the Bee mag .... online ....  it  might actually be quite good long term buying.

• Good Info 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jamesc said:

The share offer is in the Bee mag .... online ....  it  might actually be quite good long term buying.

thanks, haven't opened the journal yet - saw the email and ignored it.

i'm playing around with very (very!) small dollar amounts with shares at the moment.

I got lucky cashing in my MetLife shares yesterday afternoon.. might be ecrotek time

Edited by tommy dave
6 minutes ago, jamesc said:

It is on page 50 of the Beekeeper journal (but page 52 of 147 of the pdf) next to the wonderful queen cell production PowerPoint tutorials!  

Edited by Maggie James
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, jamesc said:

What the heck is going on .... I got another enquiry for Dew .... price is back a bit on the $14/kg we were getting  ..... 

$14.00kg 😳 sheesh. That’s a while ago.

If it makes you feel any better on your offer , I jumped on 3 bucks a few weeks ago to buy some groceries.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Maggie James said:

It is on page 50 (but page 52 of 147) of the Beekeeper journal next to the wonderful queen cell production PowerPoint tutorials!  

as one lot, so $2,000,000.  That's a few two many zeros for me.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

$14.00kg 😳 sheesh. That’s a while ago.

If it makes you feel any better on your offer , I jumped on 3 bucks a few weeks ago to buy some groceries.. 

Uh Huh Stoney ..... that's how long ago it was when we sold any significant amount of honey .

It's been a long time since drinks so to speak.

Four bucks is still a bargain basement price for a quality product, but if it means having some cash in the bank and being able to walk into the local Bottle store and not break into a sweat that the card is gonna decline , again  .... so be it.

Beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

I Agree Jimmy.. and $4 is better than $3.. out the door she goes.. plenty more where that came from.. bottoms up to the doc. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 3/04/2020 at 5:49 PM, Maru Hoani said:

Ready for feeding, megabee hivealive patties, hive alive, blue feeders, emlocks and a new Dadant smoker

20200403_160043.jpg

gotta say I was very disappointed with my dadant smoker .

lasted less than a couple of months before the screws fell out of the bellows.

much more spenny than my usual smoker

• Good Info 1
17 hours ago, jamesc said:

What recession, it is only in the mind