Honey prices going back up a bit

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorted my mutton shortage

Bacon is up there with coffee. Can any of your family grab a sheep , sit it on its bum , then slit its throat  hang it up and skin it .? 16 months !!!! Hubby and I are already walking

we have sold more bush this last few weeks than any other honey, our bush has a mix of manuka, kanuka and kamahe to 53% the rest bits of every thing, taste really nice

Posted Images

I noticed the slow downward trend i was seeing in the local supermarket came to an end maybe a couple of months ago, and since then prices are up a tad for most brands.

My own honey has sold like hotcakes in the frenzy leading up to the shut down, I'm just hoping people actually eat it, so there will still be some customers on the other side.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Alastair said:

I noticed the slow downward trend i was seeing in the local supermarket came to an end maybe a couple of months ago, and since then prices are up a tad for most brands.

My own honey has sold like hotcakes in the frenzy leading up to the shut down, I'm just hoping people actually eat it, so there will still be some customers on the other side.

All this panic buying food thats been stockpiled .

Whats going to happen to it.

Will people actually use it do you think .?

6 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Eventually.  Make take a few years.

My 400 rolls of Jumbo toilet paper should get me thru to 2030.  lol

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

I went into two supermarkets this evening, I was the only customer in one, and about six of us in the other....they're all at home eating..

• Haha 2

I’m a retired home baker, I was hoping to get some flour cos I actually know how to use it. Apparently there’s still none to be had in our fair city... not that I’m allowed out! Daley in beast mode is scary!

• Haha 2

Our local stores have pretty much everything except bacon. Which is a huge problem to my family. 

We email the order at night, they pick and pack it and text to say come get it. No extra charge. We Drive around to their cart dock and they put it in the boot. It's So good. No risk to us or them, no impulse chocolate.

I wish they would work like this all the time. 

We blew the while survival food organisation. 

We figured we've got sheep in the paddock and Cray's and fish in the sea. 

Only we aren't allowed to go fishing, even off the rocks is banned and the home kill guy can't come to our place.😖😩😩

We still have plenty of flour so are all comfort eating fresh bread. 

9 hours ago, nikki watts said:

Only we aren't allowed to go fishing, even off the rocks is banned and the home kill guy can't come to our place.😖😩😩

Have the cops given the gin palaces the message ?

21 hours ago, Manfred said:

Currently you see 15 to 20% price reduction across Germany.

Where does your information come from? 

Why we will not see a honey prices going up! I could be wrong but look around you. Panic at the stock markets complete sell out. The whole world is in an full stop .No one can sell something except food there are no goods the shelves are empty. Companies can't pay rent, privat people can't pay rent the housing market will collapse no bank will give a credit as they know they are already broke. This is quite interesting in this connection (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/blackstone-urges-its-companies-hurt-by-virus-to-tap-credit-lines). Retail trade does not exist any more Adidas Puma HM all the big retailer announced on friday they don't pay rent anymore. Mass unemployment will follow it started already. The health system will be broke. The precursors are more bad than 1929, and on top of it there is still a virus and a collapsed healthsystem.  Manuka Honey is a premium product most people take it because it's trendy. I believe for a long time people  will have economic problems and things like Louis Vuitton, Prada and so on will not be that important any more. The world will see a reset and people will be focused on the real things in live. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Good Info 1
10 minutes ago, Manfred said:

Why we will not see a honey prices going up! I could be wrong but look around you. Panic at the stock markets complete sell out. The whole world is in an full stop .No one can sell something except food there are no goods the shelves are empty. Companies can't pay rent, privat people can't pay rent the housing market will collapse no bank will give a credit as they know they are already broke. This is quite interesting in this connection (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/blackstone-urges-its-companies-hurt-by-virus-to-tap-credit-lines). Retail trade does not exist any more Adidas Puma HM all the big retailer announced on friday they don't pay rent anymore. Mass unemployment will follow it started already. The health system will be broke. The precursors are more bad than 1929, and on top of it there is still a virus and a collapsed healthsystem.  Manuka Honey is a premium product most people take it because it's trendy. I believe for a long time people  will have economic problems and things like Louis Vuitton, Prada and so on will not be that important any more. The world will see a reset and people will be focused on the real things in live. 

Here is another perspective from Tony Alexander:

http://tonyalexander.nz/resources/TV 26 March 2020.pdf

"1. Virus Eradication This economic decline will be just temporary. The virus will eventually be brought under control one way or the other, with the worst time-frame being 16 months from now allowing for the 18-month vaccine-development timeframe cited by the scientists and the fact they’ve been working on it for at least two months now."

• Good Info 2
14 minutes ago, Manfred said:

Why we will not see a honey prices going up!

Can't beat a bit of honey in a hot toddy as cough relief - whether it be a non alcoholic or alcoholic.  I think we might see a trend back to traditional medicines and unprocessed foods, and all aspects of self sufficiency.  And I think that is demand where markets might refocus, along with communication systems.  

56 minutes ago, Manfred said:

Manuka Monofloral

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. In the last two months we have seen very a significant increase in demand through Germany with similar in other western EU economies. It remains a very competitive environment but IMO we have price stability.

• Good Info 2
13 hours ago, nikki watts said:

Our local stores have pretty much everything except bacon. Which is a huge problem to my family. 

We email the order at night, they pick and pack it and text to say come get it. No extra charge. We Drive around to their cart dock and they put it in the boot. It's So good. No risk to us or them, no impulse chocolate.

just remember to wash EVERYTHING.

no point buying stuff you can't wash.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, yesbut said:

Have the cops given the gin palaces the message ?

No. Marinas have shut now so we’re all in this together. It’s already getting to us v’s them standoffs at The shops. (Day 5!!)

a few Boaties are wreaking it for the rest by ignoring lockdown and diving, fishing and moving around the island as usual. I hope they send the navy out to control boat movement. 

47 minutes ago, tristan said:

just remember to wash EVERYTHING.

no point buying stuff you can't wash.

For the first time ever I did wash the veggies. 

Edited by nikki watts
14 hours ago, nikki watts said:

We blew the while survival food organisation. 

We figured we've got sheep in the paddock and Cray's and fish in the sea. 

We still have plenty of flour so are all comfort eating fresh bread. 

Bacon is up there with coffee.

Can any of your family grab a sheep , sit it on its bum , then slit its throat  hang it up and skin it .?

3 hours ago, CraBee said:

16 months from now allowing for the 18-month vaccine-development timeframe cited by the scientists and the fact they’ve been working on it for at least two months now."

16 months !!!!

Hubby and I are already walking on different ends of the beach .

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, CraBee said:

Here is another perspective from Tony Alexander:

http://tonyalexander.nz/resources/TV 26 March 2020.pdf

"1. Virus Eradication This economic decline will be just temporary. The virus will eventually be brought under control one way or the other, with the worst time-frame being 16 months from now allowing for the 18-month vaccine-development timeframe cited by the scientists and the fact they’ve been working on it for at least two months now."

I don't want to go deeper in that as we are talking about honey price, Just a bit hehe.He talks about being in the middle of this well I believe it has not even started his article is based on 16 month. No one can say this, still we don't know much about the virus how it will mutate. He should have mentioned why the gold price is going down? Investors have to "meet margin calls in other markets, the big institutions need to sell their portfolios which are not physical gold. This is alway only happen when the stock market prepares to collapse. As. the FED lowere d the interest rate by 50 points which is the biggest I ever have seen at ones the market went up for 15 minutes and collapsed afterwords. Ther is no holding in the end there will be only some with the real big money come and buy.  Bank holiday is not interest free so a lot of people will be deeper in the poo afterwards as the loan will be significantly higher so more money is needed to pay back. As there is certainly a high unemployment rate, more and more credits will blow up. New Zealand depends on a lot of imports as well. I don't believe the figures from China don't forget China is a dictatorship you have to go and work and if some die they die. India never will be able to stop this they have more than 500 million people living on the streets. If there is a vaccination it needs to be produced in unbelievable amounts from where will the ingredients come (China India) how long will it take to distribute the serum. We talk about years.  I am happy if I am wrong but this what I think.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, nikki watts said:

No. Marinas have shut now so we’re all in this together. It’s already getting to us v’s them standoffs at The shops. (Day 5!!)

a few Boaties are wreaking it for the rest by ignoring lockdown and diving, fishing and moving around the island as usual. I hope they send the navy out to control boat movement. 

Get yer camera out.  I am sure it will happen.  

14 minutes ago, Manfred said:

The virus will eventually be brought under control one way or the other, with the worst time-frame being 16 months from now allowing for the 18-month vaccine-development timeframe cited by the scientists and the fact they’ve been working on it for at least two months now."

If we can bring it a bit under control in NZ, I don't see us wanting to let in many tourists, let alone NZers travel overseas.  The Spanish flu epidemic lasted two years!

20 minutes ago, Manfred said:

I don't want to go deeper in that as we are talking about honey price, Just a bit hehe.He talks about being in the middle of this well I believe it has not even started his article is based on 16 month. No one can say this, still we don't know much about the virus how it will mutate. He should have mentioned why the gold price is going down? Investors have to "meet margin calls in other markets, the big institutions need to sell their portfolios which are not physical gold. This is alway only happen when the stock market prepares to collapse. As. the FED lowere d the interest rate by 50 points which is the biggest I ever have seen at ones the market went up for 15 minutes and collapsed afterwords. Ther is no holding in the end there will be only some with the real big money come and buy.  Bank holiday is not interest free so a lot of people will be deeper in the poo afterwards as the loan will be significantly higher so more money is needed to pay back. As there is certainly a high unemployment rate, more and more credits will blow up. New Zealand depends on a lot of imports as well. I don't believe the figures from China don't forget China is a dictatorship you have to go and work and if some die they die. India never will be able to stop this they have more than 500 million people living on the streets. If there is a vaccination it needs to be produced in unbelievable amounts from where will the ingredients come (China India) how long will it take to distribute the serum. We talk about years.  I am happy if I am wrong but this what I think.

Yes you've got to be worried about the people in a place like India.

• Agree 4

I thought that Tony Alexanders article was really interesting, but didn't factor in the drop in oil prices internationally - the Russians and the Middle East are in a battle which will impact USA hugely, as it will drop their income at a time when their trade wars with many countries are only just starting to hit home.

• Like 1

Our last year buyer reports, 

Big demand in Manuka. I reckon because it will cure covid. And cancer. 

Not buying lowly pasture for a while. Darn it. Looks like you Manuka producers going to do well, again...

Clover also cures cancer and covid.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, CraBee said:

Yes you've got to be worried about the people in a place like India.

Ever the optimist, I will remain thinking the glass is half full for the timebeing. It never fails to astound me the resilience of people in crisis and I am sure this situation will not differ. Whatever people may think of China, they are coming back to work, they are almost 100% returned. Chines trade is bouncing back. Borders may be locked down for 16 months (who knows) but I doubt very much self isolation will last anywhere near that period. Certain sectors will obviously be effected for a long time, while borders remain closed for personel travel but also many businesses will bounce back as soon as domestic freedom of movement returns. 

Also you do not have to vaccinate the whole world at the same time, but you do have to vaccinate any one that travels and people at risk (elderly, underlying illness). I am sure this will be planned and methodical. 

• Like 2