If they have been wearing those overalls all day, they run the risk of infecting other customers.  

Wearing the cotton overalls is not a silly idea, cos when you get home they can go in the washing machine on a long hot wash.  Although if I absolutely utterly need to rock up to the supermarket or pharmacy during level 4, I will be wearing clean ones.  Would have to read up on the most protective way to remove things from the shelf etc, how to get kitted up, and how to take the gear off.  I  think I will take a large snap lock plastic bag (like the ones for sticky boards), that the items can be scanned in.  Have no mask, but I have found a linen runner for the sideboard, and that will cover my hair, as well as nose and mouth, and being linen it will also take a hot wash.  

we have been asked to remain isolated/separate..............not sterile.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mummzie said:

All just a thought.  We have absolutely no idea, really of how things could turn out, and in the event I have to go to the shops that's most likely what I will be doing.  If shop staff have to wear masks, gloves etc, then that's what I will be doing.  I am certainly not sterile in the home environment, by the time I garden, work in sheds,  cycle, go do bees by myself etc.  

Edited by Maggie James

I think we all need to get the virus in a progressive orderly fashion so we do not overwhelm the hospitals .that way we will get immunity .

The vaccines along way off.

I am reluctant to get it now , not because it will be that dangerous for me but because I may get sick enough to go to hospital and I do not want to clog up the system while it is under stress .

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

I think we all need to get the virus in a progressive orderly fashion so we do not overwhelm the hospitals .that way we will get immunity .

The vaccines along way off.

I am reluctant to get it now , not because it will be that dangerous for me but because I may get sick enough to go to hospital and I do not want to clog up the system while it is under stress .

You will not get sick. You are a tough old biddy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bighands said:

You will not get sick. You are a tough old biddy.

biddy
/ˈbɪdi/

noun
INFORMAL

1. a woman, especially an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering.
    "the old biddies were muttering in his direction"

Bighands I never found @kaihoka annoying or interfering.  If she is as tough as you make out, you'd better be careful !!
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 4

Hospitals in New Zealand are not under stress yet or no more so than normal.That may change pretty quickly of course.

If I catch it then end up in hospital I think I will give a false name and date of birth.

• Haha 5

At this stage, the old and infirm with corona are getting preferential treatment in our hospitals, everything they need laid on.

It is just if a situation develops where the system is overwhelmed and not enough equipment to go around, hard choices will have to be made. The government is trying to avoid this situation, but it could happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john berry said:

Hospitals in New Zealand are not under stress yet or no more so than normal.That may change pretty quickly of course.

If I catch it then end up in hospital I think I will give a false name and date of birth.

I see there is some outfit in ChCh that has just garnered a contract for a phenomenal amount of ICU beds.  

Check South Korea. Had a very fast moving initial outbreak but have handled it like pros. A model for the rest of the world.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Check South Korea. Had a very fast moving initial outbreak but have handled it like pros. A model for the rest of the world.

i think it might have been taiwan as well. there is a couple of countries that got onto it fast and their rates are really low, especially considering their population and most important population density.

unfortunately nz infection rate is similar to Italy which is surprising due to our population density and age groups.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tristan said:

i think it might have been taiwan as well. there is a couple of countries that got onto it fast and their rates are really low, especially considering their population and most important population density.

unfortunately nz infection rate is similar to Italy which is surprising due to our population density and age groups.

The tourism sector is a strong similarly. 

1 hour ago, john berry said:

Probably much less than normal. Considering less traffic, work place and leisure activity. Make sure you're well groomed @john berry

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maggie James said:

I see there is some outfit in ChCh that has just garnered a contract for a phenomenal amount of ICU beds.  

anyone heard rumours of temporary morgue builds?

4 hours ago, john berry said:

Something like this?

On 27/03/2020 at 8:26 AM, Mummzie said:

It's not a case of being sterile but the recommendation for those on the front line is once home to remove clothing to go directly into the hot wash to remove any possible contamination and for you to shower yourself. Having worked in sterile environments it could not be done effectively in public spaces.