Trevor Gillbanks

Apiary Diary. March 2020

Rain ?  I've had two days rejuvenating the carport roof..another one coming up.. 

Over here after the snow again I was able to work in t shirt on Saturday and Sunday ( some fence/posts repair).. Today again day temps around 5C.. As I wrote there were snow and frosts some of the fruit flowers seems survived... BUT again we will have some 5 days with night temps of minus 3 to zero C.. Madness even bigger.. How such sharp weather changes affect on health.. who knows.. I still haven't taken a frame into hands this season, and seems not at least till weekend.. This is also strange for me.. On top of this that covid situation.. 

• Like 2
  • Good Info 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

😂 I can feel his pain..

It’s been raining here for days.. 

Opposite for us .

Beatuiful weather inlet either like glass for kayaking or a gentle breeze perfect for sailing .

Sorry if this has been posted before, it came from fb.

I thought I'd just leave this here on the basis that Tristan will be along shortly.

tow bar.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, kaihoka said:

Opposite for us .

Beatuiful weather inlet either like glass for kayaking or a gentle breeze perfect for sailing .

Great weather here in the valley. Autumn is certainly our stable weather season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Sorry if this has been posted before, it came from fb.

I thought I'd just leave this here on the basis that Tristan will be along shortly.

tow bar.jpg

Good to see the socket is still there if more adjustments are needed . Lack of a safety chain is a bit of a concern , but with such  a solid coupling , probably overkill haha . 

• Haha 2

On 30/03/2020 at 11:45 AM, yesbut said:

I've never been attracted by wood splitters. I have always enjoyed having a pile of blocks and a splitting hammer in the back yard, just wander out every now and then give another couple of blocks the message. August is our firewooding month. As soon as there's room in the shed, down come another few trees, usually blackwoods, this year it'll be eucs. They have two summers to dry before I use them...

yer i have all the wedges, splitting axe etc, but by golly a log splitter is so easy

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kevin moore said:

yer i have all the wedges, splitting axe etc, but by golly a log splitter is so easy

..and comes with noise & fumes.  Starting an axe presents no problems. Far better for mental health than a machine that won't go.

Edited by yesbut
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, yesbut said:

..and comes with noise & fumes.  Starting an axe presents no problems. Far better for mental health than a machine that won't go.

its going now, only took two days, the last person to use it wont get it again, 

could hear some one a couple doors down banging wedges swinging an axe and i thought-poor ######,

yell out if you want to use it,

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, kevin moore said:

its going now, only took two days, the last person to use it wont get it again, 

What was wrong.

Forgot to mention, since is cold again and bees are stuck in the hives this little rapscallion ( marten) came too close.. Pic from yesterday. 😠

20200330_153606.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

What was wrong.

i think it was sucking air in a wee hole in fuel line, so carby and every thing alse got a sort out as well, made cover for motor as the last dipstick to use it left it out uncovered, then thought i would wield some tubing for the indicator wires as well, then of cause it got a paint job,  

• Like 2

On 30/03/2020 at 10:11 AM, DuncanCook said:

2 hours on the operating table and it looks as though I will get to keep the 2 fingers they initially thought I would lose

Photos or it didn't happen. 🙂

Yesterday we were told we would get over 100 mm and ended up with 14. Better than nothing but trees are starting to die around here.

Stayed at home because of the forecast and made frames all day. Put on the music and get in the zone. The only way to survive wiring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, john berry said:

Yesterday we were told we would get over 100 mm and ended up with 14. Better than nothing but trees are starting to die around here.

Stayed at home because of the forecast and made frames all day. Put on the music and get in the zone. The only way to survive wiring.

Whats the music ?

8 hours ago, kaihoka said:

Whats the music ?

I reckon it'll be drum and base?? 😅

• Haha 2