yesbut

Show your shed

5 minutes ago, Sailabee said:

The old stuff is a far heavier gauge than the new spit through on a few years product, so well worth salvaging.

This iron was made by lysaught(aussie) stamp still on the iron.Pain to cut using tin snips.

• Agree 2

Yes I have Lysaught iron on my carport. It was 120 years old 30 years ago. I am going to have to lift a few runs and prime the laps again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

Yes I have Lysaught iron on my carport. It was 120 years old 30 years ago. I am going to have to lift a few runs and prime the laps again. 

Old wire netting is much better quality too.

We have an old roll , so much thicker than the new stuff .

40 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Old wire netting is much better quality too.

We have an old roll , so much thicker than the new stuff .

Any thickness you want is available just not off the shelf

• Thanks 1

On 29/02/2020 at 8:15 PM, kevin moore said:

still the same,

ok not quite a shot of the whole shed, but cleaned out enough to give the log splitter a much needed paint job, was a dull faded green, after few wielding repairs it came up not to bad, then made a cover for the motor as well,

i have now only one problem with it, when i had my op the person that used it left it out in the rain uncovered, managed to get the motor going but soon as i put the air filter on it seems to starve it self of air, any one got any idea what i need to do, thanks

20200330_180412_resized.jpg

20200328_151453_resized.jpg

20160706_161955.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Keep your fingers on.

yer your right there they like fingers, crushed one last year 

Wow that looks pretty smart Kevin! 🙂

Re the motor stalling, since it's happening when you put the air filter on is there a blockage in the air filter, ie when it was off did it get water in the sponge or something? So easiest place to start is give the air filter a wash in petrol and re oil if it's one of those ones then see if that works.

After that, play with the air / fuel mix screw.

That's the quick and easy stuff but if none of that works, a lot of those engines have pretty basic carby's now and they get a bit of water in and you get oxidation around the jets or in some other places, even where the rubber gasket goes that has a flapper type thing for feeding petrol through. In that case the carby has to be totally stripped and immaculately cleaned, probably need a new gasket and see how that works. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alastair said:

Or remove the mouse nest

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alastair said:

Wow that looks pretty smart Kevin! 🙂

Re the motor stalling, since it's happening when you put the air filter on is there a blockage in the air filter, ie when it was off did it get water in the sponge or something? So easiest place to start is give the air filter a wash in petrol and re oil if it's one of those ones then see if that works.

That's the quick and easy stuff but if none of that works, a lot of those engines have pretty basic carby's now and they get a bit of water in and you get oxidation around the jets or in some other places, even where the rubber gasket goes that has a flapper type thing for feeding petrol through. In that case the carby has to be totally stripped and immaculately cleaned, probably need a new gasket and see how that works. 

ok so have cleaned out the carby poked wire though and took out bits put back together and gave every thing a blow with the compressor, mucked around with the air fuel mix or the only thing i could find that i could adjust,  still runs like ####, even if i just sit the filter on but not screw down it still runs rough, have cleaned filter but very little #### was in it, any other ideas,

have reset spark plug gap, what should the gap be between the fly wheel and coil thingee be

Keep fingers on, remove mouse nest.

Have a look at the fuel line. Might be starving of fuel. Sucking air, or fuel filter a dirty. Does it run better with full tank?

Sorry Kevin so many years since i worked on those motors I don't know what the gap should be, I do know it matters.

Just, because it gets worse with the air filter on it suggests more a fuel issue than an electric issue, but, you never know. 

Got to be someone else on the site who knows more?

Stale fuel?

• Good Info 1