• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet mine's the SMALLEST ! ..$40.00 from Bunnings    

This was our first bee shed. It was built in 1916 as a shearers quaters. It’s almost ready for the bull dozer.

any inside pics of this James ? hi no its all fresh as, well we have had a bit of luck, cleaned air filter out, not much dirt in it, shortened the fuel pipe a bit it had a slight kink in

Posted Images

look forward to some pics of sheds.

i've been toying with making a large garden shed to get the lawn mower and garden stuff out of my garage (which is never big enough).

but had the idea of storing bee gear in the shed as well.

Well your bloke in the Sounds must be a particularly clever cookie, but actually the bloke in the video is me, live in Auckland but do occasionally collect and fix old machines. And bee smokers. 😉

Edited by Alastair
21 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Well your bloke in the Sounds must be a particularly clever cookie, but actually the bloke in the video is me, live in Auckland but do occasionally collect and fix old machines. And bee smokers. 😉

Well you have a vocally dead ringer by name of "Marty" on youtube.

That is wonderful.  Looks ideal for a yoga retreat (diversification?).  Put a spa pool at one end.  Pre dinner honey nibbles with mulled wine using beech dew.  Homekill would go down a treat.  Plus bring your own pumpkin (BYOP)

Is that a crayfish claw hanging off the wall, or something else?  What's that thing hanging under the horseshoe?

Do you have chooks?  Cos I have the most amazing cake recipe using 500g clover honey and half a dozen eggs.  

Edited by Maggie James
1 hour ago, Maggie James said:

That is wonderful.  Looks ideal for a yoga retreat (diversification?).  Put a spa pool at one end.  Pre dinner honey nibbles with mulled wine using beech dew.  Homekill would go down a treat.  Plus bring your own pumpkin (BYOP)

Is that a crayfish claw hanging off the wall, or something else?  What's that thing hanging under the horseshoe?

Do you have chooks?  Cos I have the most amazing cake recipe using 500g clover honey and half a dozen eggs.  

Don't be so nosey .... yes they are chook eggs .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

a pic of my ford laser bee truck parked in front of a shed that would make a good bee shed if the track to it wasn't so tempted to rip out the car's under-carriage. Or for an owner of a bee-truck with some clearance. Only bee gear stored there is some spare beesuits and some wasp poison. Just down the road from my taranaki apiary. Edit: there are some top-notch pole sheds around the place

bee_truck_shed.PNG

Edited by tommy dave
  • Like 1

It was on special. Assembly ok, but ply floor detailing needed thought to provide support as well as water tightness. And had to silicon seal

a number of holes in the bottom wall channel , and drill some drainage holes in it. perfectly dry in all directions of rain.

@tommy dave  You seem to get around the country quite a bit. Work or pleasure ?

• Like 1