yesbut

Comvita consolidating

3 hours ago, jamesc said:

I’m wondering how to market propolised mouse to the Orient....

7DC85F4B-ED4E-4276-B53C-B9371566198F.jpeg

set up a stall next to the corona flavoured bats

Edited by tommy dave

On 23/02/2020 at 4:49 PM, Maru Hoani said:

I didn't bother putting matts on this season, I was told there was an oversupply because of these guys.

Really sucks, that was my holiday spending money gone and it wasnt easy work either, now I got a pallet sitting in the shed taking space.

I did think about that ..... antidote.

2 hours ago, Ted said:

That would have been comfrey you were collecting- one of Claudes favourites hence the name Comvita.  Comfrey/Vitality.

No it wasnt comfrey, it had an aniseed smell flavour.

bought some propolis capsules from a "proudly 100% new zealand owned " company last year , only to find they were not supporting other NZ owned businesses and using imported propolis in their capsules, needless to say, I will never buy another product from that Co again .

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dennis Crowley said:

No it wasnt comfrey, it had an aniseed smell flavour.

Fennel then

• Agree 1

For Sale:  Wireless mouse,

Coated in Propolis (self-curing for Covid-19 users), infinitely configurable buttons and ribs, not compatible with any known operating system, USB transponder not included, Limited edition model, light weight, harks back to an earlier time, lower power mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ted said:

That would have been comfrey you were collecting- one of Claudes favourites hence the name Comvita.  Comfrey/Vitality.

Yeah, he used to plow and plant comfrey along the road side edges until told/made to stop. What a character!

Hows the share price looking after 'Black Friday?'

32 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Hows the share price looking after 'Black Friday?'

$1.86 last time my husband checked. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nikki watts said:

$1.86 last time my husband checked. 

I have not looked at my kiwi saver .

Bad luck for people turning 65 this yr .

Will have to sit on it till it recovers .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kaihoka said:

I have not looked at my kiwi saver .

Bad luck for people turning 65 this yr .

Will have to sit on it till it recovers .

Yup especially if your KiwiSaver was on the aggressive rate, it would have taken a huge hammering.

i just checked mine, I’m on conservative and lost just over $100 this week. Another 19 years until 65 rolls around so time to dabble in more riskier investments. 

Edited by dansar
  • Like 1

Woah look who'se a moderator LOL 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alastair said:

Woah look who'se a moderator LOL 😉

@dansar has been a moderator for most on the time of the forum.  

Dan and I were the first on the team after @Derek

Wow, never knew that. Great you guys got a moderator badge now, wonder what other moderators are out there i never knew about!

10 hours ago, dansar said:

Yup especially if your KiwiSaver was on the aggressive rate, it would have taken a huge hammering.

i just checked mine, I’m on conservative and lost just over $100 this week. Another 19 years until 65 rolls around so time to dabble in more riskier investments. 

i pulled mine across from the aggressive funds into two very conservative funds back in February as the market response started to become fairly predictable. But now I need to keep an eye on when the markets are likely to be bottoming out so that I can move it back again.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alastair said:

Wow, never knew that. Great you guys got a moderator badge now, wonder what other moderators are out there i never knew about!

@Bron @Daley and  @Rob Stockley  and of course @Grant Who is the forum owner.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks
  • Like 1
  • Good Info 1

My KiwiSaver is relatively small as I only put in the minimum to get the govt money each year and have no employer contributions.

im in the riskiest fund and have lost over $3000 in the past couple of weeks :(

im just going to leave it there and hope for the best

About that. Stocks have plumeted because all this quarantining etc is a cost to business. But a vaccine will be developed and the virus will be eradicated. Just, nobody knows how long till that happens. Mean time everything is slowly getting worse. But at some point the virus is beaten then everything will come back.

The smart fund managers will have cashed up as much as possible already, and will now be very busy trying to get in at low points, because an eventual bounce back is inevitable.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Alastair said:

About that. Stocks have plumeted because all this quarantining etc is a cost to business. But a vaccine will be developed and the virus will be eradicated. Just, nobody knows how long till that happens. Mean time everything is slowly getting worse. But at some point the virus is beaten then everything will come back.

The smart fund managers will have cashed up as much as possible already, and will now be very busy trying to get in at low points, because an eventual bounce back is inevitable.

If all the smart fund managers cashed up, the market would be stuffed. 

Not all of them are smart. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

My kiwi saver is sitting in the back shed ..... least it'll be still there when the fan has been cleaned of all the crap that's hitting it at the moment !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, frazzledfozzle said:

My KiwiSaver is relatively small as I only put in the minimum to get the govt money each year and have no employer contributions.

im in the riskiest fund and have lost over $3000 in the past couple of weeks :(

im just going to leave it there and hope for the best

A good friend put all inheritance in a growth fund .

A month ago he was telling me how silly I was to have mine in a balanced fund .

I am like you , just put in minimum to get my $500.

While things are crashing is the time to invest for the long term 

• Agree 1

Sixteen year old grandson told me a four months ago that Warren Buffett had been cashing up, he reckoned the US would crash because you can't hold trade wars with virtually every large country in the world at once and win, so Trumpty de dump has been rescued with an excuse to explain the drop, it was already going to happen.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Sailabee said:

Sixteen year old grandson told me a four months ago that Warren Buffett had been cashing up, he reckoned the US would crash because you can't hold trade wars with virtually every large country in the world at once and win, so Trumpty de dump has been rescued with an excuse to explain the drop, it was already going to happen.

I wonder how money appears to help out USA business. Seems that it's easy as. The farmers of soy,corn wheat have been heavily subsidised for the 3rd year. 

Massive cost, much bigger than the motor industry bail out. But the us debt grows by 1mill a min.....now 24 Trillion. 

That a million billion?