Comvita consolidating

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Claude was an amazing chappy, but the real driver behind comvita was Alan Bougen, who got involved with Claude at the beginning. 36+ years ago i was collecting fennel type plants off the side of

I suppose if you charged enough for your mouse someone would buy it but I always found the best use for this type of creature was to put it into your work mates smoker when they aren't looking.

That would have been comfrey you were collecting- one of Claudes favourites hence the name Comvita.  Comfrey/Vitality.

Posted Images

Yes, and was there mention of them opening a replacement plant in NZ?

All that was said was a very cryptic "Baskin said all opportunities would be explored to ensure a propolis supply chain"

Could it be their South American plant is their best production option?

• Agree 1

I didn't bother putting matts on this season, I was told there was an oversupply because of these guys.

Really sucks, that was my holiday spending money gone and it wasnt easy work either, now I got a pallet sitting in the shed taking space.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, yesbut said:

Well there's this for a start ......or is it too basic , took all of 15 seconds to google....

https://www.beeculture.com/processing-propolis-part-1/

yes I've already read that and a lot of other articles on this. But practically speaking I was interested in the process actually used commercially and what exactly they did. Such as whether they recover the ethanol in a still so as to re-use / recycle it. Sizes of batches and how much ethanol was used. Do they freeze it and then put the incoming propolis in a shredder to break it down into fine pieces? There are a number of ways to refine propolis defined on the internet, but it is hard to know what the majority of companies are doing and why. A bit like breeding bumblebees, there is a lot of IP that is tightly held (?).

11 hours ago, Alastair said:

And Frazz, did you meet Claude?

If you mean Claude Stratford whos company Comvita bought no.

The business I worked at before comvita bought it was called the Herbpharm and owned by local people if I remember right.

interesting place with very lovely people to work with.

1 hour ago, frazzledfozzle said:

If you mean Claude Stratford whos company Comvita bought no.

The business I worked at before comvita bought it was called the Herbpharm and owned by local people if I remember right.

interesting place with very lovely people to work with.

If it won't harm previous owners, please would you able to describe what is done when propolis comes through the door in an operation such as this?

35 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Lol. True love endured...did you pick her flowers?

yes, used to steal them of the old lady who house i past on my way to have lunch with her.

1 hour ago, Dennis Crowley said:

Still taking an interest in her 37 years later

That should be 35 yrs, ....only feels like 37

2 hours ago, john berry said:

I suppose if you charged enough for your mouse someone would buy it but I always found the best use for this type of creature was to put it into your work mates smoker when they aren't looking.

ummmmm! We may have done that! No saying who to thou. There’s enough pranking goes on at times...

• Haha 1