Gwenyn Gwesty

A movie to look out for...

Not seen the movie, but The Wife found the article on the beeb,  a wonderful story of a tough but wholesome life in Macedonia, being at one with the girls for century's and then dealing in modern times with the interlopers boundary riding.

A story all too familiar to the modern commercial NZ beek.

A must see it looks like, some popcorn and a box of tissues, (or a pineapple lumps and wine in my case) sit down and enjoy the ride...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51401315

• Thanks 3

This looks to be a great film. 

If anyone finds out when it's coming here or how to view it please let's know. 👍 🙂

• Agree 1

Yes, keen to watch as well. Will keep an eye on this forum, please anyone to publish if you know.

Dr Google says it will start playing in NZ from March 5th, generally in smaller boutique cinemas. From the trailer would be one of my must sees for this year. Was nominated for Oscars for best Doco, and foreign film. 

7 minutes ago, Sailabee said:

Dr Google says it will start playing in NZ from March 5th, generally in smaller boutique cinemas. From the trailer would be one of my must sees for this year. Was nominated for Oscars for best Doco, and foreign film. 

I won't be watching it. Who needs to be constantly reminded of the demise of the old world....

I saw it last winter in Wellington at one of the film festivals.

It was great. All in subtitles .... very earthy with beautiful colours and a sub story of 'The Corporate' gypsy moving in with no real care or regard for those who eaked a living from the harsh land.

It's the sort of movie one needs to see a few times to pick out the gems .

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

I won't be watching it. Who needs to be constantly reminded of the demise of the old world....

Seems like everyone's grumpy these days ...... solar flares, fire bans ...... wo-menopause ....... or just crap honey ....!

Maybe we could organise a group to go see it Sailabee. I'll be in if anyone else around here wants to join up. 🙂

Working on the mission Alastair, waiting for reply.

• Like 1